I love cooking in my cast iron dutch oven!
When I created this dutch oven round roast recipe I knew it was going to turn out mouthwatering delicious just by the smell of the marinade – and I was right.
What I didn’t count on was the homemade steak sauce and seasonings making a crust around the beef – but that is exactly what happened.
The crust kept the meat moist without being crunchy as did the low and slow cooking method I used.
This is not a recipe that is meant to made quickly.
Marinading the meat – and doing it right – takes 24 hours.
During the last two hours of cooking, I added in some potatoes and carrots plus enough extra water to cover them completely to make a one pot meal.
I did not add any additional spices to the pot when I added them. You can choose to do this – or serve other sides with the round roast.
Here is my recipe.Print
- Combine the steak sauce with the spices and pour over the round roast.
- Marinade in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next day brown the round roast in some bacon grease in a cast iron skillet (or in your dutch oven if you wish).
- Place the browned round roast in the dutch oven , add the beef broth to the dutch oven and put the lid on.
- Place the dutch oven inside the oven and preheat it to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook the round roast for 2 1/2 hours.
Note: This is a fairly spicy recipe. For those who do not like spicer foods, feel free to cut the amounts of spices in half to better suit your palate. Also keep in mind the steak sauce you use will add additional flavor. For those who do not like spicy food, I suggest only using steak sauce and not using the other spices.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Oven
Cast Iron Skillet In Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe
Quick, easy and delicious, this cast iron skillet in oven roasted Brussels sprouts recipe is prefect for everyday or even for entertaining!
Sauteed Pea Recipe With Basil, Parmesan And Sesame
This sauteed pea recipe seasoned with basil, parmesan and sesame is perfert for special occassions or as an extra special side dish through the week!
How To Make Candy Yams - An Easy, Delicious Recipe
Candy yams are delcious and certainly deserve a spot as a side dish more than just during the holidays. Give this old fashion recipe a try today.