I really love my cast iron cookware! It makes this easy dutch oven potatoes recipe a breeze – both when cooking it and when doing the cleanup.
It also gives the roasted potatoes such a unique flavor. Not to mention how versatile a cast iron dutch oven is.
Here is my recipe.Print
- 8 New Red Potatoes
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Herbs de Providence
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cut the potatoes in half.
- Pour the olive oil over the potatoes and toss to coat.
- Place the potatoes in the cast iron dutch oven with the cut side facing up.
- Sprinkle the Herbs de Providence, oregano and black pepper on top of the potatoes.
- Place the lid on the dutch oven.
- Place it in the oven and then turn the oven on to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.*
- Bake for 50 minutes. I did not turn mine or remove the lid during this time.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
*It is best to not preheat the oven so the cast iron can heat up slowly. Putting cold cast iron in a hot oven can cause it to crack.
I highly recommend the following articles:
- Make Your Own C-Spice Seasoning Blend
- Cast Iron Steak Recipe
- Best Oven Chicken Breast Recipe Using Cast Iron Skillet
- How To Cook In Cast Iron Pans
- Benefits Of Using Cast Iron For Cooking
Use the buttons on the right hand side of the page to share this article with friends or family who might find it useful. Pin the picture below to your pinboard on Pinterest for future reference.