I really love my cast iron cookware! It makes this easy dutch oven potatoes recipe a breeze – both when cooking it and when doing the cleanup.
It also gives the roasted potatoes such a unique flavor. Not to mention how versatile a cast iron dutch oven is. (I love this recipe so much I made a special recipe card to write it on so it is always right where I can easily find it even if I can’t get online! Be sure to download your FREE recipe card today!)
Here is my recipe.
There are also links below to products I recommend from companies I have a referral relationship with. I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.Print
- 8 New Red Potatoes
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Herbs de Providence
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cut the potatoes in half.
- Pour the olive oil over the potatoes and toss to coat.
- Place the potatoes in the cast iron dutch oven with the cut side facing up.
- Sprinkle the Herbs de Providence, oregano and black pepper on top of the potatoes.
- Place the lid on the dutch oven.
- Place it in the oven and then turn the oven on to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.*
- Bake for 50 minutes. I did not turn mine or remove the lid during this time.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
*It is best to not preheat the oven so the cast iron can heat up slowly. Putting cold cast iron in a hot oven can cause it to crack.
Be sure to sign up to get your FREE recipe card that is a perfect fit for a 3″ x 5″ recipe box. In addition to getting the custom recipe card, you will also be signed up for our newsletter so you will always be up to date on new posts and get great recipes right in your inbox!
Be sure to take a moment to download your free printable recipe card. The card is is standard 3 inch by 5 inch design with blank lines that you can print onto card stock, write your favorite recipes on and add to your personal recipe collection. Before you go, make sure to sign up to get your FREE recipe card.
I highly recommend the following articles:
- Make Your Own C-Spice Seasoning Blend
- Cast Iron Steak Recipe
- Best Oven Chicken Breast Recipe Using Cast Iron Skillet
- How To Cook In Cast Iron Pans
- Benefits Of Using Cast Iron For Cooking
Use the buttons on the right hand side of the page to share this article with friends or family who might find it useful. Pin the picture below to your pinboard on Pinterest for future reference.