This sautéed pea recipe is the perfect combination of vegetables and herbs as far as I am concerned.
I also love figuring out different ways to flavor vegetables using my favorite herbs and spices.
This sautéed pea recipe with basil, parmesan and sesame not only let me use fresh sugar snap and snow peas from the garden but I was also able to make use of the Thai basil I was growing.
Sautéed Pea Recipe Ingredient Substitutions
I used a can of store bought peas for convenience- and you can see the difference in color between the canned peas and the fresh peas.
You could shell peas, frozen peas or simply use a combination of fresh sugar snap peas and snow peas if you preferred.
Other items you can substitute include the variety of basil.
I used Thai basil because I had an abundance of it growing in my garden, but sweet basil would work just as well.
I also sprinkled fresh grated parmesan on the top of the peas right before I was ready to serve them.
So now that you have a few ideas of how you can alter this recipe to suit your families taste, here is the recipe.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add sesame seeds and chopped basil leaves to melted butter, stir.
- Add fresh peas to butter mixture and lightly sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add canned peas and salt or pepper as desired.
- Stir well and heat until peas are hot.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and lightly sprinkle cheese on top if desired.
You can cook the sugar snap or snow peas longer if you prefer them to be less crisp.
Be sure not to add the canned or frozen peas to the skillet until you are almost ready to finish the dish or they will turn to mush.
- Category: Vegetables
- Method: Stovetop
Keywords: vegetable recipes, quick easy recipes, recipe, snow pea recipe, sugar snap pea recipe
This sautéed pea recipe is super easy to make – and it tastes great!
I highly recommend the following articles:
- Bow Tie Pasta In A Creamy Sage Recipe Sauce
- Gluten Free Green Bean and Pasta Casserole Recipe
- Five 30 Minute Or Less Dinner Ideas For Tonight
- Easy Canned Sweet Corn Recipe
- Easy Veggie Dinner Ideas
Use the buttons on the right hand side of the screen to share this article with friends or family who might find it useful. Pin the picture below to your pinboard on Pinterest for future reference.