About Experimental Homesteader
Hello. My name is Sheri Ann Richerson – welcome to my blog, Experimental Homesteader where we talk about homesteading, prepping, livestock, dogs and cats, cooking, food preservation and crafting. In addition I post product reviews. I am a multipotentialite so I have a wide range of interests – and this blog is a reflection of that.
Experimental Homesteader is the combination of 6 different blog topics –
This topic covers what is happening on our homestead. The slant is on an organic lifestyle. Other topics include home remodeling, decorating, cleaning, fashion, beauty and toy reviews.
This topic is related to survival and emergency preparedness.
Here you learn about the different types of animals that live on our homestead which includes Beauty the horse, fiber and dairy goats, Leicester Longwool sheep, poultry, dogs and cats. I also cover topics related to animal care.
This is a unique crafting blog that covers natural crafting, essential oil distillation, natural perfume making, herbal preparations, homemade cleaners, spinning yarn and weaving. You will also find paper crafting, Cricut and sewing/embroidery topics plus free printables, mostly Disney.
This is the place to go if you love gourmet meals but need to learn how to cook them on a small budget. Learn about edible flowers, cheese making, cooking with a solar oven, cast iron, wood stove cooking and more.
Here are tips for stocking up, canning, freezing, dehydrating and root cellaring.
About Sheri Ann Richerson
I’m a truly obsessed plant geek, homesteader/prepper, an online influencer and best-selling author of numerous books including The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Year-Round Gardening and The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Seed Saving And Starting
I live on a 2 ½ acre organic farm at the edge of the city that is also a registered wildlife habitat. I grow a wide variety of herbs, fruits, vegetables and flowers on the farm that I can, dehydrate or freeze for my own use, sell at market or donate to local food pantries or soup kitchens. I grow a wide variety of tropical plants in my greenhouse – both edible and non-edible. In addition to traditional soil-based gardening, I also grow hydroponically and have an aquaponic set-up. I raise fiber and dairy goats, rabbits, chickens, ducks, turkeys, peacocks/peahens, Leicester Longwool sheep, a horse as well as dogs and cats. Welcome to my wonderful world! I hope you will enjoy my blog. You can learn even more about me on my writing website Sheri Ann Richerson or read the brief bio below –
Sheri Ann Richerson is a leading pioneer in the self-sufficiency movement. For the past 19 years she has been living, teaching, and promoting organic gardening, natural health and self-sufficiency through all forms of media. Her career includes years as a nationally acclaimed best-selling author, radio host and guest on a variety of shows – showcasing her expertise on homesteading and gardening. Additionally, Ms. Richerson is a speaker, columnist and a blogger for hundreds of websites, magazines and newspapers.
Ms. Richerson has been featured in The New York Times, Woman’s World Magazine and Ladies’ Home Journal. Her by-lined articles can be found at idiotsguides.com, Learn2Grow.com, Suite101.com, SFGate.com, eHow.com, GardenGuides.com and dozens of other sites.
Ms. Richerson has contributed to a wide range of anthologies as well. Her writing credits include contributions to “Our Food Heritage, Past, Present, Future, Baking Bread Together, Helps to Keep the Family Together” – 2007; “Llewellyn Herbal Almanac” – 2006, 2005 and 2003; “Llewellyn Magical Almanac” – 2006, 2005, 2004 and 2003; “All Things Chocolate” – 2005; “Llewellyn Witches Spell-A-Day” – 2003; “Llewellyn Moon Sign Book” – 2002.
Ms. Richerson’s best-selling books include:
- The Complete Idiot’s Guide To Year-Round Gardening a #1 best seller.
- The Complete Idiot’s Guide To Seed Saving & Starting a #1 best seller.
- Flower Gardening: A Collection Of Articles By Sheri Ann Richerson a #1 best seller.
- Growing Plants In What You Have a #1 best seller.
- 101 Self-Sufficiency Gardening Tips a #1 best seller.
- 101 Secret Gardening Tips a #1 best seller.
- The Allure Of Chocolate a #1 best seller.
- Growing And Harvesting Edible Plants: A Collection Of Articles By Sheri Ann Richerson a #1 best seller.
- An Herbal Meal For The One You Love a #1 best seller.
- Houseplants, Cacti And Tropical Plants: A Collection Of Articles By Sheri Ann Richerson a #1 best seller.
- Herbs For Rock Gardens & Ground Covers a #1 best seller.
- Magical Gardens a #1 best seller.
- Herbal Hydroponics a #1 best seller.
- Medicinal Astrology a #1 best seller
- Wishing Herbs a #1 best seller.
- 101 Organic Gardening Tips a #1 best seller.
- Scented Gardens: A Collection Of Articles a #1 best-seller.
- 101 English Garden Tips a #1 best seller.
- From Seed To Harvest a #1 best seller.
- 101 Beginning Gardening Tips a #1 best seller.
- Fire Magic a #1 best seller.
- Legend Of Fire a #2 best seller.
- Healing Properties Of Water a #2 best seller.
- The Monkey Man Of India: A Figment Of Imagination Or A Fact? a #2 best seller.
- Ghosts Of Key West a #2 best seller.
- Natural Health And Wellness: A Collection Of Articles By Sheri Ann Richerson a #3 best seller.
- Wedding Superstitions a #4 best seller.
- Urban Legends a #14 best seller.
- Fairy Dance a #15 best seller.
- Jervacia’s Last Stand a #19 best seller.
- Darkness a #28 best seller.
- Dark Abyss a #34 best seller.
- Welcome To Your Nightmare a #49 best seller.
Her farm, Exotic Gardening Farms, is a certified wildlife habitat. She is a Global Warming Ambassador for the National Wildlife Federation and a Region III Representative for the Plant-A-Row for the Hungry program.
Her diverse range of writing and speaking has included an eclectic mix of articles on current events, herbs, aromatherapy, tropical plants as well as various pieces on Harley-Davidson motorcycles. Ms. Richerson has given numerous talks on a wide variety of subjects including chocolate, night blooming plants, seed starting, herbs and global warming. Her specialty topic is Theobroma cacao commonly known as chocolate. Ms. Richerson attended Ball State University and Huntington University, where she majored in communications and minored in theatrical arts. Sheri lives in Marion, Indiana. For more information, please visit her writing website at SheriAnnRicherson.com, her gardening and homesteading website at experimentalhomesteader.com or subscribe to the Experimental Homesteader podcasts on iTunes.
Disclosure/Disclaimer: All posts and ads may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. I received many of the products mentioned in these blog posts for free or at a reduced price in exchange for my honest review. You can read the full disclosure policy by clicking here. All opinions are my own. This blog is written by Sheri Ann Richerson. Any guest posts are clearly marked with the guest authors name! All photos and blog posts are copyright. Do not republish any of the photos or blog posts without written consent. Sharing on social media is fine. Thank you for understanding!
Instead of having these scattered all over the sidebars of each page of my blog, I decided to add all the widgets on one page. These are sites that I am either an Influencer for or a Contributor too.