This easy sous vide Cornish hen recipe is perfect for the busy cook who still wants to serve a delicious home cooked meal, but just doesn’t have the time to slave over a stove.
Why I Choose To Cook This Cornish Game Hen Sous Vide
Preparation doesn’t take long at all.
Sous Vide is as simple as slow cooking in all honestly – and I think the food turns out even better
To get the pretty, crisp crust, simply place the Cornish hens under the broiler on your oven for 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Here is my recipe.Print
- Preheat your Sous Vide cooker to 150 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place one thawed Cornish hen in each bag.
- Inside of each bag place 2 tablespoons butter, 1/2 tablespoon orange juice, 1/2 tablespoon thyme, 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder, 2 teaspoons chili powder and 1/2 teaspoon lavender flowers.
- Vacuum seal each bag containing the Cornish hens with the spices.
- Place the bags – one at a time – into the circulating water of the Sous Vide Cooker making sure to attach the bags to the side of the pot using metal clips.
- Cook for four hours at 150 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Gently remove the Cornish hens from the bags. These are going to be hot – and want to fall apart.
- Place them on a cookie sheet – or you can use a cast iron flat grill.
- Brush the tops with 1 tablespoon melted butter and the peach preserves.
- Broil in the oven for 2 minutes – or until the top of the Cornish hens are golden brown. This is what causes the skin to turn crispy.
Note: Leaving the food in the Sous Vide Cooker longer than necessary does not ruin the food. If you get busy or just are not ready to serve what you cooked when it is done, just leave it alone just like you would a slow cooker.
Easy Canned Sweet Corn Recipe
Nothing says summer like fresh tasting sweet corn! When you pair sweet corn with fresh dill weed you get an incredible tasty dish your family is going to love!Continue Reading
Bacon Maple Green Beans
Bacon wrapped maple green beans are perfect for a special meal and they are easy to make. Be sure to try this baked green beans with bacon recipe.Continue Reading
Cast Iron Skillet In Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe
Quick, easy and delicious, this cast iron skillet in oven roasted Brussels sprouts recipe is prefect for everyday or even for entertaining!Continue Reading
Sauteed Pea Recipe With Basil, Parmesan And Sesame
This sauteed pea recipe seasoned with basil, parmesan and sesame is perfert for special occassions or as an extra special side dish through the week!Continue Reading
Sous Vide Baby Carrots In A Honey Butter Sauce
This Sous Vide Baby Carrots In A Honey Butter Sauce is delicious and easy to make. The secret to success is to make these ahead of time and reheat them!Continue Reading
How To Make Fried Green Tomatoes
I love fried green tomatoes in season. It is hard to find them in restaurants and the ones at fair are not the same. Here is my fried green tomato recipe!Continue Reading
Cast Iron Potatoes Au Gratin
This cast iron potatoes au gratin recipe is delicious and ideal for long term storage in mylar bags. It is the perfect side dish to stock your pantry with.Continue Reading
Easy Dutch Oven Potatoes Recipe
This easy dutch oven potatoes recipe is delicious! Roasted potatoes dutch oven style are one of those recipes you prepare, let cook on their own and serve!Continue Reading
Herb Roasted Cast Iron Red Potatoes Recipe
This herb roasted cast iron red potatoes recipe makes it easy to roast potatoes that are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.Continue Reading
How To Make Candy Yams - An Easy, Delicious Recipe
Candy yams are delcious and certainly deserve a spot as a side dish more than just during the holidays. Give this old fashion recipe a try today.Continue Reading
Bow Tie Pasta In A Creamy Sage Recipe Sauce
This creamy sage recipe sauce is the perfect simple pasta sauce recipe for bow tie pasta. It is quick and easy to make plus it is a great side dish!Continue Reading
Creamy Penne Pasta Sauce Recipe
This creamy penne pasta sauce recipe is made from scratch using Mahon Cheese. It is smooth, perfectly seasoned and easy to make.Continue Reading
Gluten Free Green Bean and Pasta Casserole Recipe
Are you looking for healthy dinner ideas? Try this gluten free green bean and pasta casserole recipe. It's easy to make and delicious.Continue Reading
Use the buttons on the right hand side of the page to share this article with friends or family who might find it useful. Pin the picture below to your pinboard on Pinterest for future reference.