This easy sous vide Cornish hen recipe is perfect for the busy cook who still wants to serve a delicious home cooked meal, but just doesn’t have the time to slave over a stove.
Why I Choose To Cook This Cornish Game Hen Sous Vide
Preparation doesn’t take long at all.
Sous Vide is as simple as slow cooking in all honestly – and I think the food turns out even better
To get the pretty, crisp crust, simply place the Cornish hens under the broiler on your oven for 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Here is my recipe.Print
- Preheat your Sous Vide cooker to 150 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place one thawed Cornish hen in each bag.
- Inside of each bag place 2 tablespoons butter, 1/2 tablespoon orange juice, 1/2 tablespoon thyme , 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder , 2 teaspoons chili powder and 1/2 teaspoon lavender flowers.
- Vacuum seal each bag containing the Cornish hens with the spices.
- Place the bags – one at a time – into the circulating water of the Sous Vide Cooker making sure to attach the bags to the side of the pot using metal clips.
- Cook for four hours at 150 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Gently remove the Cornish hens from the bags. These are going to be hot – and want to fall apart.
- Place them on a cookie sheet – or you can use a cast iron flat grill.
- Brush the tops with 1 tablespoon melted butter and the peach preserves.
- Broil in the oven for 2 minutes – or until the top of the Cornish hens are golden brown. This is what causes the skin to turn crispy.
Note: Leaving the food in the Sous Vide Cooker longer than necessary does not ruin the food. If you get busy or just are not ready to serve what you cooked when it is done, just leave it alone just like you would a slow cooker.
Cast Iron Skillet In Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe
Quick, easy and delicious, this cast iron skillet in oven roasted Brussels sprouts recipe is prefect for everyday or even for entertaining!
Sauteed Pea Recipe With Basil, Parmesan And Sesame
This sauteed pea recipe seasoned with basil, parmesan and sesame is perfert for special occassions or as an extra special side dish through the week!
How To Make Candy Yams - An Easy, Delicious Recipe
Candy yams are delcious and certainly deserve a spot as a side dish more than just during the holidays. Give this old fashion recipe a try today.
Use the buttons on the right hand side of the page to share this article with friends or family who might find it useful. Pin the picture below to your pinboard on Pinterest for future reference.