This cast iron skillet in oven roasted Brussels sprouts recipe is super easy – even for someone new to using cast iron skillets.
Choosing The Brussels Sprouts For The Cast Iron Skillet In Oven Roasting
I have to admit I have used both fresh Brussels sprouts and frozen Brussels sprouts for this recipe.
While both turnout, I personally prefer the fresh Brussels sprouts.
I think they taste a little less mushy.
Now, here is how to proceed making the cast iron skillet in oven roasted Brussels sprouts recipe.Print
- Begin by rinsing off the Brussels sprouts under cool water.
- Now cut off the bottom of the Brussels sprouts where they attached to the stem.
- Peel off at least two layers of leaves.
- Give the Brussels sprouts one final rinse under cold water.
- Cut the Brussels sprouts in half and place them in the cast iron skillet.
- Continue this process until all the Brussels sprouts are in the cast iron skillet.
- Drizzle the top of the Brussels sprouts with the olive oil and the honey .
- Sprinkle the spices over the top of the Brussels sprouts making sure to distribute them evenly.
- Do not stir the Brussels sprouts to mix the ingredients at this point!
- Place the cast iron skillet with the Brussels sprouts in the oven on the bottom rack*.
- Turn the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once the oven is preheated, set the timer for 10 minutes.
- Once 10 minutes has passed, open the oven, remove the cast iron skillet and give the Brussels sprouts a quick stir.
- Return the cast iron skillet to the oven and set the timer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Check to make sure the Brussels sprouts are nice and brown. If not, roast them for an additional five minutes.
- Remove the Brussels sprouts from the oven, give them one last stir and serve.
*It is always best to place a cast iron pan in the oven before preheating it unless the cast iron pan is already hot. Cool cast iron cookware placed in a hot oven can crack!
- Category: Vegetables
- Method: Oven
Keywords: cast iron skillet in oven, Brussels sprouts, roasted Brussels sprouts, cast iron cooking, side dish recipes, only vegetable recipes
Final Thoughts On The Cast Iron Skillet In Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe
This recipe only only works in an oven, but it would work equally well over an open fire, on top of a wood burning stove or even on a BBQ grill.
This is one recipe you want to keep track of because you never know when a snowstorm might cause a power outage or the grid might go down for any number of reasons.
A small bag of Brussels sprouts doesn’t take up a lot of room and doesn’t even need refrigerating, so it is the perfect fresh vegetable for all kinds of occassions,
Not to mention, this recipe is just sweet enough that kids are sure to love it.
Even people who don’t like Brussels sprouts typically do like this recipe.
I hope you will give it a try!
Be sure to leave your comments and questions in the comment section below!
I highly recommend the following articles:
- How To Make Candy Yams – An Easy, Delicious Recipe
- Thanksgiving Recipes And DIY Decorating Ideas
- Best Cast Iron Skillet Recipes
- How To Cook In Cast Iron Pans
- Benefits Of Using Cast Iron For Cooking
Use the buttons on the right hand side of the page to share this article with friends or family who might find it useful. Pin the picture below to your pinboard on Pinterest for future reference.