Disclaimer: The reviewer has received the product/service at a reduced price or for free. All opinions contained in this post are my own and are my honest thoughts based on my own experience with this product.
This easy canned sweet corn recipe is sure to please even the pickiest sweet corn eater as long as you start with a delicious brand of sweet corn such as Freshlike Selects Gold & White Corn.
Not All Canned Sweet Corn Is Equal
I’m very picky about sweet corn and let me assure you that not all sweet corn is equal.
Growing up and living in Indiana most of my life has meant eating lots of fresh picked sweet corn.
I know what it is supposed to taste like.
I know the difference between sweet corn and field corn.
A lot of canned corn I have tried tastes more like field corn than sweet corn.
Needless to say that corn goes out to my chickens.
I simply won’t eat it.
Freshlike Sweet Corn Is Truly Delicious
I’ve always liked Freshlike sweet corn which is part of the Allen’s Vegetables family of products – but I did not realize that.
Although I typically grow and can my own corn but let’s face it – there are good and bad years.
Sometimes I run out of things I can and then I turn to Freshlike for my corn because it is as close to home canned as I can find in a store bought can.
The Freshlike Selects Gold & White Corn not only tastes sweet, it is fresh tasting and I love the combination of kernel colors.
It just makes the meal feel more festive and it looks more like what I see when I look at my canning jars filled with my homegrown sweet corn.
Easy Canned Sweet Corn Recipe With Dill Weed
As most of you know I enjoy cooking with herbs and I also prefer to use cast iron pans whenever possible.
Fresh herbs make everything taste better – however if you don’t have access to fresh herbs, I encourage you to try dried.
I have found that I really like dill weed and corn.
Sometimes I make a dill weed butter – especially if I am making corn-on-the-cob.
You can use dill butter on corn from a can but I did not do that with this recipe.
I added the salt, pepper and butter to the cooking corn and then sprinkled the top of the corn with dill weed.
I think it makes the corn look better on the plate and as we all know food that looks good can tempt others into trying it.
You could use the dill butter and still sprinkle dill weed on top but be sure you do not accidentally get so much dill in your corn that it overpowers the flavor of the corn.Print
- 1 can Freshlike Selects Gold & White Corn
- 1/2 Tablespoon fresh dill weed (or 1/4 teaspoon dried)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Salt, to taste (optional)
- Pepper, to taste (optional)
- Open the can of corn and pour off the liquid.
- Pour the corn into a cast iron saucepan. If you do not have a cast iron saucepan, any saucepan will work.
- Remove the fresh dill weed from the stem.
- Discard the dill weed stem.
- Chop the fresh dill weed into tiny pieces.
- Put it on top of the corn.
- Put the butter on top of the corn.
- Add salt and pepper if you wish. If not, omit this step.
- Set the saucepan on top of the burner on your stove and turn it to medium heat.
- Cook the corn for about five minutes, stirring it occasionally.
- Once the butter has melted and the corn is heated all the way through, serve it immediately.
- Feel free to add a spring of dill weed on the side of the plate if desired or garnish the top of the corn with a little extra dill weed.
- Category: Vegetables
- Method: Stovetop
Keywords: easy canned sweet corn recipe, sweet corn recipe, canned corn recipes, canned corn recipes easy, canned corn
Why I Trust Allens Brand Vegetables
I trust all the vegetables from the Allens brand to feed my family and honestly they are as close in taste to home canned as any processed vegetables I’ve tasted.
In 1926 near Siloam Springs, Arkansas Allens, Inc. began as Allen Canning Company and they have continued to produce great tasting vegetables since.
They are a sustainable brand which I really like.
Here are the six key components of their sustainability mission.
- Nutrition: Allens, Inc. aims to enhance the nutritional and health value of the products they sell by, for example, offering low sodium or gluten-free product offerings.
- Energy: They take pro-active measures to reduce their energy consumption across both their processing facilities and other locations.
- Water & Waste: They aim to reduce their water usage and minimize waste during production across their processing facilities.
- Safety: They aim to have zero accidents in their processing facilities.
- Talent Management: Allens, Inc. recruit, develop and retain talented, employees of all backgrounds who believe in and share their core values.
- Giving Back: They support and give back to the communities in which they operate.
Final Thoughts About This Easy Canned Sweet Corn Recipe
The secret to creating delicious food is to start with the freshest ingredients possible then add that burst of unexpected flavor that pairs perfectly with the main ingredient.
That is what makes this easy canned sweet corn recipe so special.
I hope you will give it a try!
I highly recommend the following articles:
- Sauteed Pea Recipe With Basil, Parmesan And Sesame
- Gluten Free Green Bean and Pasta Casserole Recipe
- Five 30 Minute Or Less Dinner Ideas For Tonight
- Easy Veggie Dinner Ideas
Use the buttons on the right hand side of the screen to share this article with friends or family who might find it useful. Pin the picture below to your pinboard on Pinterest for future reference.