Candy yams are a staple for a lot of people during the holiday season, but let’s face it, there is no reason why you can’t enjoy these delicious sugary yams during the rest of the year.
Here is a great, old-fashion candy yam recipe.
I hope you enjoy it.Print
- 4 fresh yams
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- Zest of one small orange (grated orange peel)
- Orange slices (optional)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 bag miniature marshmallows
- Wash then boil the yams with their peel on until they are tender.
- Let the yams cool and them remove the peel.
- Cut each yam into four to five pieces and arrange the pieces on large baking dish.
- Pour the orange juice over the yams and then sprinkle the orange zest on top of the yams.
- Sprinkle the yams with brown sugar and dot the tops with butter.
- Top the yams with marshmallows and then place orange slices on top if desired.
- Bake the yams for 20 to 25 minutes at 350F until marshmallows melt.
- Serve immediately.
I highly recommend the following articles:
- Cast Iron Skillet In Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe
- Cast Iron Steak Recipe
- Best Oven Chicken Breast Recipe Using Cast Iron Skillet
- How To Cook In Cast Iron Pans
- Benefits Of Using Cast Iron For Cooking
Use the buttons on the right hand side of the page to share this article with friends or family who might find it useful. Pin the picture below to your pinboard on Pinterest for future reference.