Chickens are intelligent, entertaining birds that make great pets. They also lay eggs and give us meat – if we choose to butcher them.
Below is a round up of everything you need to know to start keeping chickens at home.
I really enjoy my backyard chickens and have for years.
All About Chicks
- How To Hatch Eggs In An Incubator
- How To Raise Baby Chicks – A Simple Guide For Raising Baby Chicks – Homestead Wishing
- Raising Baby Chicks – A How-To Guide For Homesteaders – MRAnimal Farm
- Raising Day Old Baby Chicks – Better Hens And Gardens Of Bramblestone Farm
All About Chicken Coops:
- Homestead Chicken Coop Tips
- My Experience With A Chicken Coop From A Box
- Chicken Coop Designs – 10 Important Features – Better Hens And Gardens Of Bramblestone Farm
Chicken Care Tips:
- 6 Things You Need To Know Before Raising Backyard Chickens
- 5 Tips For Keeping Chickens At Home
- Podcast – Getting Started With Chickens – One of the easiest animals to start raising on the homestead is chickens. In this episode we will explore the advantages of raising chickens, problems that can arise from raising chickens and how to keep your chickens healthy.
- Keeping Roosters – Better Hens And Gardens Of Bramblestone Farm
Feeding Backyard Chickens:
Use the buttons on the right side to share this article with friends or family who might find it useful. Pin the picture below to your pinboard on Pinterest for future reference.