Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post. I was not paid anything to post this recipe nor to promote their links. I did receive a bottle of Nielsen-Massey Pure Orange Extract and Pure Chocolate Extract to try. This is a recipe I thought my readers would enjoy because I enjoyed it. All photos are property of Nielsen-Massey and I was given permission to use them. This post, does however contain affiliate links which means if you click on a link and buy an item from that link, I get a small percentage of the money.
When this slow cooker ham recipe with orange honey sauce showed up in my inbox, I immediately asked Nielsen-Massey if I could share it with my readers.
November is such a busy month with all the holiday preparations going on.
It seems like you just get past Halloween, then there is Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years to start preparing for.
They said yes. so here is the recipe.
I have made this recipe and it is delicious!
Slow Cooker Ham with Orange Honey Sauce
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 30 minutes
- Category: Pork
- Method: Oven
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 fully-cooked bone-in ham, 5 to 7 pounds
- 1/2 cup clover honey
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Extract, divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Nielsen-Massey Pure Orange Extract, divided
- Pour 1/4 cup water into the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Place the ham into the slow cooker with cut side down. Trim the ham if you need to so it fits into your slow cooker. Go ahead and put the ham trimmings in the slow cooker too.
- Cook the ham on the low temperature setting for 5 to 6 hours or until the internal temperature registers 145 degrees Fahrenheit on a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the ham. In the event you have a programmable slow cooker, go ahead and set it to 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once the ham reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit internally, turn slow cooker off.
- Stir the honey, 1 tablespoon Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract and 1 teaspoon Nielsen-Massey Pure Orange Extract together in a small bowl and pour over the ham; let the ham sit covered with the slow cooker lid for 15 minutes.
- Remove the ham from slow cooker and set it aside.
- Carefully pour the juices from the slow cooker into a 1 quart microwave proof container.
- Microwave on high for 5 to 10 minutes or until the mixture reduces to 1 cup. You can do this on the stove top if you prefer.
- Stir in the remaining 1 teaspoon Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract and 1/4 teaspoon Nielsen-Massey Pure Orange Extract, then set the sauce aside.
- Cut the ham into slices and place on serving platter. Pour the orange honey sauce over ham and serve immediately.
They also were kind enough to send me a bottle of their Nielsen-Massey Pure Orange Extract so I could try the recipe myself.
This recipe is super easy and perfect for a holiday meal!
They also sent a bottle of their Pure Chocolate Extract for me to try.
Side Dish Recipes
Easy Canned Sweet Corn Recipe
Nothing says summer like fresh tasting sweet corn! When you pair sweet corn with fresh dill weed you get an incredible tasty dish your family is going to love!
Bacon Maple Green Beans
Bacon wrapped maple green beans are perfect for a special meal and they are easy to make. Be sure to try this baked green beans with bacon recipe.
Cast Iron Skillet In Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe
Quick, easy and delicious, this cast iron skillet in oven roasted Brussels sprouts recipe is prefect for everyday or even for entertaining!
Sauteed Pea Recipe With Basil, Parmesan And Sesame
This sauteed pea recipe seasoned with basil, parmesan and sesame is perfert for special occassions or as an extra special side dish through the week!
Sous Vide Baby Carrots In A Honey Butter Sauce
This Sous Vide Baby Carrots In A Honey Butter Sauce is delicious and easy to make. The secret to success is to make these ahead of time and reheat them!
How To Make Fried Green Tomatoes
I love fried green tomatoes in season. It is hard to find them in restaurants and the ones at fair are not the same. Here is my fried green tomato recipe!
Cast Iron Potatoes Au Gratin
This cast iron potatoes au gratin recipe is delicious and ideal for long term storage in mylar bags. It is the perfect side dish to stock your pantry with.
Easy Dutch Oven Potatoes Recipe
This easy dutch oven potatoes recipe is delicious! Roasted potatoes dutch oven style are one of those recipes you prepare, let cook on their own and serve!
Herb Roasted Cast Iron Red Potatoes Recipe
This herb roasted cast iron red potatoes recipe makes it easy to roast potatoes that are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
How To Make Candy Yams - An Easy, Delicious Recipe
Candy yams are delcious and certainly deserve a spot as a side dish more than just during the holidays. Give this old fashion recipe a try today.
Bow Tie Pasta In A Creamy Sage Recipe Sauce
This creamy sage recipe sauce is the perfect simple pasta sauce recipe for bow tie pasta. It is quick and easy to make plus it is a great side dish!
Creamy Penne Pasta Sauce Recipe
This creamy penne pasta sauce recipe is made from scratch using Mahon Cheese. It is smooth, perfectly seasoned and easy to make.
Gluten Free Green Bean and Pasta Casserole Recipe
Are you looking for healthy dinner ideas? Try this gluten free green bean and pasta casserole recipe. It's easy to make and delicious.
Homemade Stuffing Recipe Using Roman Meal Bread
This homemade stuffing recipe using Roman Meal Bread is not only delicious, but it is easy to make. Plus it's made with whole grain bread!
Fresh Garden Salad With Herbs And Flowers
Jazz up a fresh picked garden salad with colorful edible flowers and add a dash of flavor with fresh organic herbs from your garden.
Herb And Rose Petal Salad
Dress up your salad by adding fresh rose petals and herbs like basil, dill or parsley. Create one of a kind salads fresh from your garden.