When it comes to making the best oven chicken breast a recipe using cast iron skillet can’t be beat.
I love recipes that I can create in one pot or pan.
With this recipe, you brown the chicken breast in the cast iron skillet , put the lid on and put it in the oven to bake.
There is no turning or fussing with the chicken once it is in the oven.
Here is my recipe.
Be sure to pair it with a similar quick easy recipe such as my Easy Dutch Oven Potatoes Recipe.
There are also links below to products I recommend from companies I have a referral relationship with. I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.Print
Best Oven Chicken Breast Recipe Using Cast Iron Skillet
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup Ground Corn Flour
- 6 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Teaspoons crushed ginger
- 3 cloves Black Garlic
- 8 Pineapple Sage leaves
- 1 Tablespoon Herbs de Providence
- 1 teaspoon French Thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Smoked Spanish Paprika
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Add the olive oil, the black garlic cloves and the crushed ginger to the cast iron skillet .
- Turn the burner to medium heat.
- Using a spatula, stir to lightly toast and combine the three ingriedents.
- Place the ground corn flour in a sealable plastic bag.
- Place one chicken breast at a time in the plastic bag with the corn flour and shake until well coated.
- Carefully put the corn flour coated chicken breast in the cast iron skillet . It is best to use tongs to sit the chicken breast in the hot oil. Remember the oil is hot and might splash you when you put the chicken breast in the skillet so use caution.
- Cook for 5 minutes per side – just long enough to lightly brown the skin of the chicken.
- Sprinkle the remaining spices on the chicken, cut up and dot with butter and then lay fresh rosemary on top.
- Put the lid on the skillet.
- Place it in the oven and then turn the oven on to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.*
- Bake for 50 minutes. I did not turn mine or remove the lid during this time.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
*It is best to not preheat the oven so the cast iron can heat up slowly. Putting cold cast iron in a hot oven can cause it to crack.
I highly recommend the following articles:
- Fried Chicken Cast Iron Skillet Recipe
- Cast Iron Steak Recipe
- Easy Dutch Oven Potatoes Recipe
- How To Cook In Cast Iron Pans
- Benefits Of Using Cast Iron For Cooking
- The Ultimate Collection Of Best Ever Chicken Recipes
Use the buttons on the right hand side of the page to share this article with friends or family who might find it useful. Pin the picture below to your pinboard on Pinterest for future reference.