This homemade chicken pot pie with crescent rolls recipe is a one pot dish when made in a cast iron skillet.
It is rich, filling and delicious!
Best of all, it is really easy to make.
Plan The Homemade Chicken Pot Pie With Crescent Rolls Meal Ahead Of Time
To get the most mileage for your food dollars, it is best to plan this homemade chicken pot pie with crescent rolls recipe ahead of time.
The next time you cook a whole chicken, instead of tossing the bones and whatever meat is left on them, set those aside in the refrigerator.
Plan to turn the bones into bone broth and while that process is happening, the chicken left on the bones will fall off on its own.
Then all you have to do is strain the broth through cheesecloth, pick out the meat and toss the bones – or reuse them to make a second batch of broth.
Both the broth and the meat can then be used in this recipe.
Plus you should still have enough bone broth left to either freeze or use in your cooking throughout the upcoming week.
Bone broth also makes great lunches on its own!
Oh and by starting with frozen vegetables plus crescent rolls you save time because you don’t have to prepare the vegetables or make the crust from scratch!
Here is my recipe for the homemade chicken pot pie with crescent rolls.Print
Homemade Chicken Pot Pie With Crescent Rolls
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Stovetop + Oven
- Debone the chicken breast.
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a cast iron skillet.
- Add the frozen peas and carrots and cook for three minutes, to thaw the vegetables.
- Add the deboned chicken to the vegetables in the cast iron skillet and cook for two more minutes.
- Sprinkle four Tablespoons of flour over the top of the vegetables and chicken and then mix it all up.
- Add half of the chicken broth to the cast iron skillet and stir.
- Cook until the broth begins to thicken.
- Add half of the heavy whipping cream and stir to combine everything.
- Cook another minute or two to allow the sauce to continue to thicken.
- Add the rest of the chicken broth and continue cooking to thicken the sauce.
- Add the salt, pepper and thyme to the skillet.
- Add the rest of the heavy whipping cream to the skillet and stir to combine everything.
- Cook for two more minutes to allow the sauce to thicken even more.
- Unroll the Crescent Rolls and place them, one section at a time over the top of the mixture in the cast iron skillet.
- Place the skillet on the lower rack in the oven and turn it to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake the chicken pot pie for 25 minutes.
- If the crust is not golden brown, continue baking for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the chicken pot pie from the oven.
- Allow it to cool for five minutes and then serve it.
Keywords: Homemade Chicken Pot Pie With Crescent Rolls, chicken pot pie, chicken pot pie recipe, chicken pot pie casserole, crescent roll chicken pot pie
Final Thoughts About The Homemade Chicken Pot Pie With Crescent Rolls
I love using crescent rolls in recipes because they make a light fluffy crust that is delicious.
It paired really well with the richness of the chicken pot pie filling.
I also felt using bone broth made it taste better than when I have used store bought broth to make this recipe with.
For those who preserve food, making up the chicken and broth ahead of time then freezing or canning them is another great way to save a few steps when recreating this recipe in your own kitchen!
I hope you enjoy it and will leave your comments below once you try the recipe out!
The Ultimate Collection Of Best Ever Chicken Recipes
Easy Sous Vide Cornish Hen Recipe
This sous vide Cornish hen recipe is simply delicious! Cornish hen sous vide style is juicy and tender with a crisp, non-greasy crust. Be sure to try this easy cornish hen recipe.
How To Cook Cornish Game Hens Asian Style
Learn how to cook Cornish game hens Asian style with this easy recipe. Preparing Cornish hens baked is quick and easy. The end result is juicy and tender.
Cast Iron Dutch Oven Garlicky Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
This is simply the best chicken noodle soup recipe. It is quick recipe that is easy to make in a cast iron dutch oven on a stove or over an open fire.
Parmesan Fennel Chicken Tender Recipe
This chicken tender recipe cooks really fast once it is in the skillet.
10 Tips For Perfect Cast Iron Fried Chicken
Cast iron skillet fried chicken is simply the best! Check out these 10 tips and learn how to make perfect cast iron fried chicken at home.
Fried Chicken Cast Iron Skillet Recipe
This fried chicken cast iron skillet recipe is simply delicious! I think this is one of the best chicken recipes for cast iron skillets!
Best Oven Chicken Breast Recipe Using Cast Iron Skillet
This is simply the best oven chicken breast recipe using cast iron skillet that you have ever eaten. Cast iron skillet in oven recipes are quick and easy!
Lodge Cast Iron Dutch Oven Whole Chicken Recipe
This Dutch Oven whole chicken recipe simply makes the best fall-off-the-bone chicken. Plus it's super simple to make in just one pan.
Braised Radish Greens with Grilled Chicken Strips Recipe For Sunday Brunch
This braised radish greens with grilled chicken strips is a perfect recipe for Sunday Brunch. It is quick and easy to make, so you won't be spending a lot of time in the kitchen to make delicious sandwiches that are sure to satisfy.
Best Ever Chicken Pot Pie
Are you looking for the best ever chicken pot pie recipe? Try this one. It's plenty of chicken pot for 2 with leftovers! Feed the entire family!
Jiffy Baking Mix Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
I love making the center of my chicken pot pies from scratch! This Jiffy Baking Mix Chicken Pot Pie recipe makes creating the crust super easy!