Learn how to cook Cornish game hens Asian Style with this inspired recipe.
The Story Behind The Recipe
Sometimes recipes don’t turn out quite like I hoped. Often times they turn out better than anticipated.
I had a Asian Cornish Hen recipe I had used for years – torn off the package of a Cornish Hen I once bought.
It was lost – and I really wanted an Asian Cornish Hen so I turned to Food & Wine Magazine.
I found a recipe that was similar to the one I had called Soy-Ginger-Lacquered Cornish Hens and decided to try it.
With no way to go to the grocery store and being out of or short on ingredients, I improvised like I often do and came up with this delicious Asian Inspired Cornish Hen Recipe.
How To Cook Cornish Game Hens Asian Style
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 cup honey strawberry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 Tablespoon garlic scapes in salt
- 1/2 Tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 Cornish Hens
- Rinse the thawed Cornish Hens under cold water and pat dry.
- Place the Cornish Hens, breast down, in bowl that you can cover with a lid or Saran Wrap. You can also use a marination bowl like I did if you have one or even a sealable plastic bag.
- Pour the liquid ingredients over the top of the Cornish Hens and place the ginger and the garlic scapes in the liquid. I spread some of the plain salt over the Cornish Hens making sure to remove any garlic scape pieces and placed those in the liquid.
- Seal and put in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next day remove the Cornish Hens 30 minutes before you intend to cook them so they come to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roll the Cornish Hens in the liquid to remove the excess salt from them, then place them in a baking pan with sides.
- Pour the liquid into a stainless steel pan and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place the baking pan with the Cornish Hens in it on the center rack of your oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the baking pan from the oven and baste the Cornish Hens with the sauce in the pan well.
- Reduce the heat of the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the basted Cornish Hens back into the oven and bake for 50 minutes making sure to baste them every 15 minutes.
- Remove the Cornish Hens from the oven and let rest, covered with an aluminum foil tent for 10 minutes. The internal temperature of the Cornish Hens should be 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Serve immediately. You can place small dishes of the leftover sauce you cooked down and marinated the Cornish Hens with.
- I served mine with Salt Roasted Carrots and Potatoes.
The Ultimate Collection Of Best Ever Chicken Recipes
Easy Sous Vide Cornish Hen Recipe
This sous vide Cornish hen recipe is simply delicious! Cornish hen sous vide style is juicy and tender with a crisp, non-greasy crust. Be sure to try this easy cornish hen recipe.
Cast Iron Dutch Oven Garlicky Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
This is simply the best chicken noodle soup recipe. It is quick recipe that is easy to make in a cast iron dutch oven on a stove or over an open fire.
Parmesan Fennel Chicken Tender Recipe
This chicken tender recipe cooks really fast once it is in the skillet.
10 Tips For Perfect Cast Iron Fried Chicken
Cast iron skillet fried chicken is simply the best! Check out these 10 tips and learn how to make perfect cast iron fried chicken at home.
Fried Chicken Cast Iron Skillet Recipe
This fried chicken cast iron skillet recipe is simply delicious! I think this is one of the best chicken recipes for cast iron skillets!
Best Oven Chicken Breast Recipe Using Cast Iron Skillet
This is simply the best oven chicken breast recipe using cast iron skillet that you have ever eaten. Cast iron skillet in oven recipes are quick and easy!
Lodge Cast Iron Dutch Oven Whole Chicken Recipe
This Dutch Oven whole chicken recipe simply makes the best fall-off-the-bone chicken. Plus it's super simple to make in just one pan.
Braised Radish Greens with Grilled Chicken Strips Recipe For Sunday Brunch
This braised radish greens with grilled chicken strips is a perfect recipe for Sunday Brunch. It is quick and easy to make, so you won't be spending a lot of time in the kitchen to make delicious sandwiches that are sure to satisfy.
Best Ever Chicken Pot Pie
Are you looking for the best ever chicken pot pie recipe? Try this one. It's plenty of chicken pot for 2 with leftovers! Feed the entire family!
Homemade Chicken Pot Pie With Crescent Rolls
This homemade chicken pot pie with crescent rolls recipe is a one pot dish when made in a cast iron skillet. It is rich, filling and delicious! Best of all, it is really easy to make.
Jiffy Baking Mix Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
I love making the center of my chicken pot pies from scratch! This Jiffy Baking Mix Chicken Pot Pie recipe makes creating the crust super easy!