Seasons change and with them come new recipes for my cast iron dutch oven chicken noodle soup.
Although chicken noodle soup is often thought of as a fall or winter recipe, my garlic scape flower slow cooker broth recipe inspired me to make this garlicky chicken noodle soup recipe on a cool summer day.
It tasted just as good – maybe even slightly better – than it does on a cold winter night.
The scape flowers were freshly picked on the morning and immediately prepared for use in the broth.
Here is my garlicky chicken noodle soup recipe.
There are also links below to products I recommend from companies I have a referral relationship with. I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.Print
- 32 ounces garlic scape flower chicken broth
- 12 ounce package Reames Homestyle Egg Noodles
- 20 ounces organic chicken breast
- Put the chicken broth in the cast iron dutch oven and turn the stove top burner to medium.
- Add in the chicken breast and bring to a boil.
- Then add the contents of one 12 ounce bag of Reames Homestyle Egg Noodles to the boiling broth.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes making sure to stir the noodles frequently.
- Serve immediately.
Note: It is not necessary to use the lid on the cast iron dutch oven when making this recipe. I find it easier to not use it because of the need to frequently stir the noodles to keep them from sticking.
If you want chicken noodle soup that has more broth in it, feel free to double the amount of broth but make sure to keep all the other ingredients the same.
I highly recommend the following articles:
- Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Bone Broth Recipe
- My Easy One Pot Cast Iron Pot Roast Recipe
- Easy Dutch Oven Potatoes Recipe
- Gluten Free Green Bean And Pasta Casserole Recipe
- The Ultimate Collection Of Best Ever Chicken Recipes
Use the buttons on the right hand side of the page to share this article with friends or family who might find it useful. Pin the picture below to your pinboard on Pinterest for future reference.