This chicken tender recipe cooks really fast once it is in the skillet.
About The Parmesan Fennel Chicken Tender Recipe
I couldn’t wait to try the combination of parmesan and fennel on chicken, so instead of going to the store to buy chicken tenders, I cup up a chicken breast from a recently roasted chicken!
The end result, as I found out, depends on how thick the chicken tenders you use are.
I accidentally made some of the chicken breast pieces too small and ended up with something that tasted like chicken crisps.
While they were still good, they did not turn out right.
The larger pieces of chicken breast I cut came out perfect.
Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
I really think you are going to love this recipe and hope you will give it a try.
Here is the parmesan fennel chicken tender recipe.Print
- Cut the chicken breast into strips that are 1 inch wide and 2 1/2 inches long. Then set them aside.
- Shred the Parmesan Cheese.*
- Place the fennel seed, Black Sea salt and thyme in a mortar and pestle or an herb grinder to crush the mixture.
- Measure out the Panko breadcrumbs and place them, the shredded Parmesan cheese, along with the spice mixture from the mortar and pestle into a bag or on a plate. Shake or stir to combine.
- Measure out the flour and place it in a small bag or on a plate.
- Break open the eggs and place them in a bowl along with the milk.
- Use a fork to whisk the milk and eggs together.
- Fill a 10 inch cast iron skillet 1/8 inch olive oil and begin warming the oil over medium heat.
- Dip the chicken strips into the flour to coat them or place them in the bag and shake it to coat them.
- Dip the flour coated chicken strips into the milk and egg mixture.
- Roll the chicken strips in the breadcrumb mixture or shake them in a bag to coat the pieces with breadcrumbs.
- Place the breadcrumb coated fritters in the warm oil and cook them for 4 minutes on one side.
- Turn the fritters over and cook them for another 3 minutes.
- Place the cooked fritters on paper towels to drain and cover them with another paper towel to keep them warm while the remaining fritters cook.
- Serve warm with a dipping sauce of your choice. We went with Buffalo Sauce and BBQ Sauce, but a sauce such as a sweet and sour, a salsa or an artichoke pesto work well too.
*It is best to use fresh Parmesan Cheese instead of the powdered kind.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Stovetop
Keywords: chicken tender recipe, chicken recipes, chicken tenders, chicken tender recipes easy, chicken breast recipes
Final Thoughts About The Parmesan Fennel Chicken Tender Recipe
I was really amazed about how fast this chicken tender recipe cooked up once we got the breaded fritters into the cast iron skillet .
This is definitely a meal or an appetizer you can have ready in under 25 minutes!
That makes it great for game day, the holidays or even an after school snack, not to mention as part of a meal on those nights when you are just too busy to spend an hour in the kitchen.
We served them with parmesan herb noodles, green beans and a salad.
Let me know how your recipe turns out if you give this a try by leaving a comment below!
I highly recommend the following articles:
- Fried Chicken Cast Iron Skillet Recipe
- Best Cast Iron Skillet Recipes
- 10 Tips For Perfect Cast Iron Fried Chicken
- The Ultimate Collection Of Best Ever Chicken Recipes
Use the buttons on the right-hand side of the page to share this article with friends or family who might find it useful. Pin the picture below to your pinboard on Pinterest for future reference.