- Debone the chicken breast.
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a cast iron skillet.
- Add the frozen peas and carrots and cook for three minutes, to thaw the vegetables.
- Add the deboned chicken to the vegetables in the cast iron skillet and cook for two more minutes.
- Sprinkle four Tablespoons of flour over the top of the vegetables and chicken and then mix it all up.
- Add half of the chicken broth to the cast iron skillet and stir.
- Cook until the broth begins to thicken.
- Add half of the heavy whipping cream and stir to combine everything.
- Cook another minute or two to allow the sauce to continue to thicken.
- Add the rest of the chicken broth and continue cooking to thicken the sauce.
- Add the salt, pepper and thyme to the skillet.
- Add the rest of the heavy whipping cream to the skillet and stir to combine everything.
- Cook for two more minutes to allow the sauce to thicken even more.
- Unroll the Crescent Rolls and place them, one section at a time over the top of the mixture in the cast iron skillet.
- Place the skillet on the lower rack in the oven and turn it to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake the chicken pot pie for 25 minutes.
- If the crust is not golden brown, continue baking for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the chicken pot pie from the oven.
- Allow it to cool for five minutes and then serve it.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Stovetop + Oven
Keywords: Homemade Chicken Pot Pie With Crescent Rolls, chicken pot pie, chicken pot pie recipe, chicken pot pie casserole, crescent roll chicken pot pie