There are many cast iron dutch oven rib recipes out there, but this is one of the best and the easiest as far as I am concerned.
There are also links below to products I recommend from companies I have a referral relationship with. I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
Yes, You Can Cook Ribs Over Hot Coals
This cast iron dutch oven recipe is great for a beginner and is perfect for cooking in an oven like I did, or outdoors over hot coals.
To make this rib recipe over a campfire, simply create a bed of hot coals and place the cast iron dutch oven on top of the hot coals.
It still takes the same amount of time to cook, however watch it closer than you do in an oven so if the coals are hotter than you think they are the food doesn’t end up burning.
It is also a good idea to make the sauce up ahead of time, put it in a sealed container and keep it cool until you are ready to use it.
Here is my dutch oven ribs recipe!Print
- 4 pork ribs
- 1 pint homemade BBQ sauce*
- 1 pint homemade taco sauce*
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 Tablespoon Urban Accents Maple And Sage Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Mayan Man Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Herbs de Providence
- Preheat the oven to 225 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine all the ingredients except the ribs in a cast iron dutch oven .
- Place the dutch oven on the stove burner and turn the heat on low and bring the sauce to a simmer.
- Add in the ribs and turn to coat.
- Turn off the stovetop, remove the dutch oven from the heat source. put the lid on and place it in the oven on the middle rack.
- Cook for 4 1/2 hours.
- Turn the ribs once per hour and spoon the sauce over the top of them.
- Serve immediately.
*You can substitute store bought if you don’t have homemade BBQ sauce or homemade taco sauce.
I highly recommend the following articles:
- Essence Of Root Beer Crock Pot Roast
- My Easy One Pot Cast Iron Pot Roast Recipe
- Dutch Oven Round Roast Recipe
- Easy Dutch Oven Potatoes Recipe
- How To Make A Sauce For Steak
Use the buttons on the right hand side of the page to share this article with friends or family who might find it useful. Pin the picture below to your pinboard on Pinterest for future reference.