Learn how to make an easy chicken tomato pasta that takes about an hour from start to finish.
This chicken tomato pasta recipe is great for those who are lactose intolerance or who want to limit their dairy intake for any reason.
Choose fresh herbs from your garden or your local farmers market whenever possible.
I personally prefer homemade pasta, but you can use any type of pasta you like.
This easy chicken tomato pasta is a dish your whole family is sure to love!
Fresh Ingredients Make A Difference
The fresher the ingredients, the better this easy chicken tomato pasta tastes.
While some of the ingredients, like the chicken breast, might come from frozen meat, that is ok.
The diced tomatoes are canned, but by adding some fresh cut tomato wedges as a garnish it enhances the dish.
The type of pasta you use is totally up to you.
I am not personally a fan of onions, so I leave that out and just add in a little extra garlic.
I also do not care for mushrooms, which is why you don’t see them in my photo.
Feel free to alter the recipe however you wish.
Here is the original chicken tomato pasta recipe as it is meant to be made.
I hope you enjoy it!Print
How To Make An Easy Chicken Tomato Pasta
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- 18 oz. chicken breast, cut into small pieces (1/2″ square)
- 1/2 c. onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans (14.5 oz.) of diced tomato
- 1 1/2 c. sliced mushrooms
- 1/3 c. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- 1/2 tsp. rosemary
- 1/4 c. tomato paste
- cooking spray
- 3 1/3 c. cooked pasta
- Spray the skillet with a nonstick cooking spray.
- Sauté the chopped onion, garlic and mushrooms for approximately 5 minutes over low heat.
- Add the raw, pre-cut chicken pieces to the skillet.
- Cook the chicken over medium high heat until it is no longer pink inside.
- Once the chicken is cooked, add the tomatoes, tomato paste, balsamic vinegar, and the remaining spices to the mixture.
- Mix all the ingredients together and simmer over medium low heat for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh cut tomato wedges and parsley.
- Serve hot with a side of garlic bread and a fresh salad!