I don’t know about you, but I have always bought that boxed tuna noodle that comes with everything in it except the tuna. My mother did the same. I never thought about trying to make my own homemade tuna noodle casserole, that is until yesterday. I did a lot of research online and in cookbooks, then came up with my own recipe. I hope you enjoy this easy tuna noodle recipe.
I did use minimal amounts of the spices, so feel free to increase or decrease those to suit your needs. There are links to products below that I recommend from companies I have a referral relationship with. If you click on a link and buy an item from that link, I get a small percentage of the money.
Simple, easy and delicious easy tuna noodle recipe. Ready in under 20 minutes!
- 1 cup miniature penne
- 1 can tuna
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup peas
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Combine all the ingredients except the thyme and Italian cheese blend.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat.
- Put a lid on the pan and simmer for 10 minutes. Be sure to stir the mixture several times.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the thyme and cheese. Stir to combine.
- Return the mixture to the heat and cook for 5 minutes. If the mixture is too thick to suit you, add a little extra cream during this time.
- Serve hot.
Tip: For those who like their tuna noodle casserole creamier, add a little extra cream to the recipe. This version does get quite thick once you add the cheese.
Be sure to take a moment to download your free printable recipe card. The card is is standard 3 inch by 5 inch design with blank lines that you can print onto card stock, write your favorite recipes on and add to your personal recipe collection.
I highly recommend the following articles:
Use the buttons on the right hand side of the screen to share this article with friends or family who might find it useful. Pin the picture below to your pinboard on Pinterest for future reference.