Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post. I was not paid anything to post this recipe nor to promote their links. I did not receive any product for review. This is simply a recipe I thought my readers would enjoy. All photos are property of Explore Cuisine and I was given permission to use them. This post, does however contain affiliate links which means if you click on a link and buy an item from that link, I get a small percentage of the money.
I fell in love with the look of the Garlicky Black Bean Spaghetti Spoons with Deviled Eyes recipe when it appeared in my inbox.
I knew this spooky halloween recipe was one my readers would love so I asked Explore Cuisine if I could share it with you.
They said that I could, so here it is.
These are perfect for adult Halloween parties – or even sophisticated Halloween dinner parties. I am sure kids would love them too but I would opt to serve them in something other than the ceramic spoons shown in the photos.
Here is the recipe for the Garlicky Black Bean Spaghetti Spoons with Deviled Eyes.Print
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Food Coloring
- Jumbo Black Olives
- Garlic Mayonnaise
- Unflavored Gelatin Glaze
- 1 box Explore Cuisine Black Bean Spaghetti – cooked, drained
- 2 T. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 T. fresh herbs, finely chopped – such as tarragon, parsley, chives
- salt, to taste
- red chili flakes, to taste
- 1 T. cooked egg yolk, grated
- Use the larger tube to cut the top of the egg in a circle for the iris. Remove the egg white plug. Paint the egg white plug with diluted food coloring to look like an iris. Let dry.
- Use the smaller tube to cut out a place for the pupil in the painted iris. Use the same tube to cut a pupil out of the black olive. Place the olive pupil into the iris.
- Cut off the bottom third of the egg so it will nestle in the spaghetti spoon. Reserve any hard-boiled egg yolks for spaghetti recipe.
- Scoop out a small amount of the egg yolk from the top of the egg to make room for mayonnaise. Squirt garlic mayonnaise into the hollow top of the hard-boiled egg, and then replace the iris plug.
- Paint food coloring bloodshot lines around the iris. Let dry.
- Finish by brushing a light coat of slightly thickened gelatin glaze over the entire eye to give an authentic glossy finish.
- In a medium bowl – combine olive oil with garlic, herbs, salt and chili flakes.
- Add spaghetti and toss.
- Sprinkle with grated egg yolk.
- Arrange spaghetti in decorative serving spoons.
- Place deviled eyes in center.
I highly recommend the following articles:
- Spooky Spaghetti Halloween Recipe
- How To Make Cheese Broomsticks
- Gluten Free Green Bean And Pasta Casserole Recipe
- Scary Budget Friendly Eyeball Decorations Idea
- Easy Halloween Decorations From Cheap Fake Pumpkins
If you like this post, please pin it to your appropriate pinboard on Pinterest.