Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post. I was not paid anything to post this recipe nor to promote their links. I did not receive any product for review. This is simply a recipe I thought my readers would enjoy. All photos are property of Explore Cuisine and I was given permission to use them. This post, does however contain affiliate links which means if you click on a link and buy an item from that link, I get a small percentage of the money.
I fell in love with the look of the Garlicky Black Bean Spaghetti Spoons with Deviled Eyes recipe when it appeared in my inbox.
I knew this spooky halloween recipe was one my readers would love so I asked Explore Cuisine if I could share it with you.
They said that I could, so here it is.
These are perfect for adult Halloween parties – or even sophisticated Halloween dinner parties. I am sure kids would love them too but I would opt to serve them in something other than the ceramic spoons shown in the photos.
Here is the recipe for the Garlicky Black Bean Spaghetti Spoons with Deviled Eyes.Print
Garlicky Black Bean Spaghetti Spoons With Deviled Eyes
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Food Coloring
- Jumbo Black Olives
- Garlic Mayonnaise
- Unflavored Gelatin Glaze
- 1 box Explore Cuisine Black Bean Spaghetti – cooked, drained
- 2 T. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 T. fresh herbs, finely chopped – such as tarragon, parsley, chives
- salt, to taste
- red chili flakes, to taste
- 1 T. cooked egg yolk, grated
- Use the larger tube to cut the top of the egg in a circle for the iris. Remove the egg white plug. Paint the egg white plug with diluted food coloring to look like an iris. Let dry.
- Use the smaller tube to cut out a place for the pupil in the painted iris. Use the same tube to cut a pupil out of the black olive. Place the olive pupil into the iris.
- Cut off the bottom third of the egg so it will nestle in the spaghetti spoon. Reserve any hard-boiled egg yolks for spaghetti recipe.
- Scoop out a small amount of the egg yolk from the top of the egg to make room for mayonnaise. Squirt garlic mayonnaise into the hollow top of the hard-boiled egg, and then replace the iris plug.
- Paint food coloring bloodshot lines around the iris. Let dry.
- Finish by brushing a light coat of slightly thickened gelatin glaze over the entire eye to give an authentic glossy finish.
- In a medium bowl – combine olive oil with garlic, herbs, salt and chili flakes.
- Add spaghetti and toss.
- Sprinkle with grated egg yolk.
- Arrange spaghetti in decorative serving spoons.
- Place deviled eyes in center.
I highly recommend the following articles:
- Spooky Spaghetti Halloween Recipe
- How To Make Cheese Broomsticks
- Gluten Free Green Bean And Pasta Casserole Recipe
- Scary Budget Friendly Eyeball Decorations Idea
- Easy Halloween Decorations From Cheap Fake Pumpkins
If you like this post, please pin it to your appropriate pinboard on Pinterest.