Poached pears in a sous vide machine are super simple and they taste great!
I chose to use pears I had canned in a light syrup last summer to make this recipe with, but it would work with fresh pears too.
The cinnamon, vanilla bean paste and real butter combined to create a silky smooth sauce that was flavorful but did not overpower the flavor of the pears.
Here is my recipe.
There are also links below to products I recommend from companies I have a referral relationship with. I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.Print
- 1 pint canned pears in light syrup
- 1 Tablespoon real butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Set your sous vide cooker to 175 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Drain the syrup off the pears, then place them in a sous vide bag.
- Add the butter, vanilla bean paste and cinnamon to the bag.
- Vacuum seal the bag.
- Place the bag in the sous vide cooker once it reaches 175 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove the bag from the sous vide cooker.
- Dump the contents of the bag into a bowl.
- Scoop the pears onto individual plates and drizzle with the butter spiced syrup.
- Serve immediately.
Note: This pairs well with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream.
Be sure to sign up to get your FREE recipe card that is a perfect fit for a 3″ x 5″ recipe box. In addition to getting the custom recipe card, you will also be signed up for our newsletter so you will always be up to date on new posts and get great recipes right in your inbox!
Be sure to take a moment to download your free printable recipe card. The card is is standard 3 inch by 5 inch design with blank lines that you can print onto card stock, write your favorite recipes on and add to your personal recipe collection.
Before you go, make sure to sign up to get your FREE recipe card.
I highly recommend the following articles:
- Cocoa Spiced Sous Vide Pork Chops Recipe
- Sous Vide Cherry Cinnamon Ice Cream Recipe
- Easy Sous Vide Cornish Hen Recipe
Use the buttons on the right hand side of the page to share this article with friends or family who might find it useful. Pin the picture below to your pinboard on Pinterest for future reference.