Poached pears in a sous vide machine are super simple and they taste great!
I chose to use pears I had canned in a light syrup last summer to make this recipe with, but it would work with fresh pears too.
The cinnamon, vanilla bean paste and real butter combined to create a silky smooth sauce that was flavorful but did not overpower the flavor of the pears.
Here is my recipe.
There are also links below to products I recommend from companies I have a referral relationship with. I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.Print
- Set your sous vide cooker to 175 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Drain the syrup off the pears, then place them in a sous vide bag.
- Add the butter, vanilla bean paste and cinnamon to the bag.
- Vacuum seal the bag.
- Place the bag in the sous vide cooker once it reaches 175 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove the bag from the sous vide cooker.
- Dump the contents of the bag into a bowl.
- Scoop the pears onto individual plates and drizzle with the butter spiced syrup.
- Serve immediately.
Note: This pairs well with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream.
I highly recommend the following articles:
- Cocoa Spiced Sous Vide Pork Chops Recipe
- Sous Vide Cherry Cinnamon Ice Cream Recipe
- Easy Sous Vide Cornish Hen Recipe
Use the buttons on the right hand side of the page to share this article with friends or family who might find it useful. Pin the picture below to your pinboard on Pinterest for future reference.