Making homemade ice cream is nothing new to me.
Making sous vide ice cream is!
The process is a little longer – and a little more involved – than just using an electric ice cream mixer, however the results are so much better.
The ice cream comes out smooth and creamy without ice crystals.
I made a double batch and ended up needing both of my ice cream makers!
The recipe below is for a single batch of cherry cinnamon ice cream!
There are also links to products I recommend from companies I have a referral relationship with. I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.Print
Sous Vide Cherry Cinnamon Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 cups tart cherries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon bourbon vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 4 whole eggs
- Set the sous vide cooker to 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put the cherries, 1/2 cup of sugar and the cinnamon into a bag and vacuum seal it.
- Cook the cherries and spices for 30 minutes.
- Combine all the other ingredients and blend.
- Add the cherry mixture.*
- Blend again until all the ingredients are well mixed.
- Pour the mixture into a bag and vacuum seal it.
- Return the bag to the sous vide cooker and cook for another hour making sure to mix the ingredients in the bag several times during that hour. I used a silicone spoon to press the contents of the bag against the side of my pan.
- Remove the bag from the sous vide cooker at the end of the hour and pour the contents into an ice cream machine.
- Follow the instructions for your ice cream machine.
- Once it is frozen, serve and enjoy!
*Note: If you do not like chunks of fruit in your ice cream, blend the cherries separately then add to the milk mixture.
I highly recommend the following articles:
- Sous Vide Vanilla Cinnamon Poached Pears
- Homemade Gelato Ice Cream Recipe
- Cinnamon Chocolate Ice Cream
- How To Make An Ice Cream Sandwich
- Five Spice Cherry Homemade Recipe For Ice Cream
Use the buttons on the right hand side of the screen to share this article with friends or family who might find it useful. Pin the picture below to your pinboard on Pinterest for future reference.