Hamburgers are something I have never cared for until I made these easy sous vide hamburgers.
They were juicy and delicious.
The crispy crust from finishing them in a cast iron skillet was just right – not too hard, not too soft.
I have never tasted a hamburger this good in my life and now this sous vide hamburger recipe is going to be a frequent addition to my kitchen menu.
There are also links below to products I recommend from companies I have a referral relationship with. I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
Here is my recipe.Print
Easy Sous Vide Hamburgers
- Mix the salt into the hamburger and refrigerate for one hour.
- Preheat your sous vide machine to a temperature of 131 degrees Fahrenheit.
- When the hour is up, divide the hamburger into four equal parts and make patties.
- Sprinkle the pepper and garlic salt on top of the hamburger patties dividing it evenly between patties.
- Place each hamburger patty into its own vacuum sealed bag.
- Once the water has reached the correct temperature, place the vacuum sealed hamburgers into the water and cook for 45 minutes.
- Once the 45 minutes is up, remove each hamburger from the vacuum sealed bag and set on a plate to rest.
- Put the butter into a cast iron skillet, turn the burner onto medium high and allow the butter to melt.
- Once the butter is melted, add the hamburger patties and cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute per side. You want each side to be nice and brown.
- Remove the hamburger patties and place them on a plate lined with paper towels so the excess grease drains off. I usually lay a couple layers of paper towels on top as well and pat it down to absorb any grease on top of the meat.
- Serve immediately.
I highly recommend the following articles:
- Top Round Roast Sous Vide Recipe
- Easy Sous Vide Cornish Hen Recipe
- Cocoa Spiced Sous Vide Pork Chops Recipe
- Best Oven Chicken Breast Recipe Using Cast Iron Skillet
- Grass Fed Beef Sirloin Tip Roast Sous Vide Recipe
Use the buttons on the right hand side of the page to share this article with friends or family who might find it useful. Pin the picture below to your pinboard on Pinterest for future reference.