Get Started With These Healthy Lifestyle Tips Today
Sometimes living healthier means making changes in our diet, in our homes or in our lifestyles.
Of course, even then, there are no guarantees that you won’t still need medication or need to visit a licensed physician.
Making these changes simply means you are trying to live a healthier lifestyle, which is important and does affect your overall health and wellbeing.
Remember today is the day to start making the move to a healthier lifestyle.
None of us knows what tomorrow might bring.
Here are my 41 healthy lifestyle tips to help encourage you to make those changes – one at a time.
Healthy Lifestyle Tips For Your Home
- Install an air filter in your home if you have pets, especially if you have pet allergies. And be sure to let someone else brush your dog or cat – outside!
A Healthy Lifestyle Means Choosing Foods Wisely
- Foods you eat can affect your bladder health. Be sure that fresh fruit is a part of your diet – your bladder will thank you.
- Everyone knows about cranberries being good for your bladder – but did you also know pears can help too? They help balance acidity.
- Eating a good yogurt can improve bladder health by strengthening cells and helping balance acidity.
- If you frequently end up with bladder infections, cut irritants such as caffeine, spicy foods and acidic foods from your diet.
- Whether or not you opt for a low-carb diet, starchy or sugary foods should make up no more than 1/3 of your daily food intake.
- Eat lots of leafy green vegetables like spinach and kale if you want to protect your eyesight.
- Our foods and diets are no longer “pure”. It’s now essential to supplement with vitamin D in the winter and Omega 3/DHA all year round.
- If you avoid carbs for at least an hour after exercise, your body is forced to burn fat.
- Most people are dehydrated especially in winter areas where you have to heat your home, so be sure to drink 6-8 glasses of water daily.
- If water makes you gag, add a slice of lemon or lime. Stick with trying to drink 1 glass a day for 22 days. Remember that doing something for 21 days in a row means making a new habit.
- If your child is putting on unnecessary weight, look to your own cooking and feeding habits. Lead by example.
- Never put a child on a diet. Instead, focus on slowing weight gain until she grows into the weight she is now.
- If you hate water, start with 1 glass then make the next 5 soda water. As you get used to water, start cutting down on the soda.
- To get your child interested in healthier foods, ask her to help you prepare and cook the meal.
- Instead of that second cup of coffee, wait 10 minutes; then have a glass of water.
- Human beings are like car batteries: we start short-circuiting and run out of steam if we don’t keep topped up with water.
- To cut down on weight gain from alcohol during the party season, try dry white wine spritzers made with soda water.
- Did you know that the higher the alcohol content, the higher the calories, when it comes to wine?
- Red wines slow your metabolism down more than white wines due to a higher alcohol count.
Exercise Is Part Of A Healthy Lifestyle
- If you have asthma, choose aerobic (endurance-building) forms of exercise rather than anaerobic (e.g. sprinting).
- If your child needs to control their weight, start exercising with him – but call it “play” – not “exercise”.
- Step away from the computer. Go do some stretches. NOW!
Other Healthy Lifestyle Tips
- Hand-washing is never a “suggestion”. Wash thoroughly with soap and scrub for at least fifteen seconds before rinsing your hands thoroughly.
- Avoid sunscreens with a citrus or coconut scent. This can indicate the presence of psoralen, which speeds up aging!
- If you need to carry an Epipen, make sure you always carry at least 2 (1 is rarely enough). And keep them current.
- If something is not working in your life, get rid of it. The results will be less stress and anxiety not to mention better health.
- Not only does smoking age your skin, it causes cataracts, macular degeneration and optic nerve damage.
- Be eye-smart. Use sunglasses year-round that block out 99-100% of both UV-A and UV-B radiation.
- Always wash your hands thoroughly when taking out or putting in your contact lenses.
- “Your body hears everything your mind says.” ~ Naomi Judd
- Did you know that being overweight puts every system at risk – including your eyes? Diabetic glaucoma is one of those risks.
- Let’s beat insomnia! Cut off caffeine drinks by 2pm and go to bed instantly when tired – don’t wait.
- “Rest when you’re weary. Refresh and renew yourself, your body, your mind, your spirit. Then get back to work.” ~ Ralph Marston
- Got a headache? Try drinking a couple of glasses of water first before reaching for the aspirin.
- Inhaling as well as drinking a cup of black coffee can help stop mild asthma attacks before they get worse.
- “To keep the body in good health is a duty. Otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.” ~ Buddha
- If you’ve never had surgery, avoid cosmetic procedures until you know if your body reacts abnormally to scarring.
- “The way you think, the way you behave, the way you eat, can influence your life by 30 to 50 years.” ~ Deepak Chopra
- People who are too rooted in habit are using the same worn neural pathways. Exercise your brain by doing new things.
- If you seem to have low immunity, get your folic acid checked and take folic acid as a supplement if you need it.
Final Thoughts About These Healthy Lifestyle Tips
There are a lot of tips there, so by now you might be feeling overwhelmed.
The key to success, as I have learned, is to choose one or two tips and start incorporating them into your everyday life.
I started with trying to drink more water, cut down on my sugar intake and exercise.
The way I did this was to join the gym.
I chose Planet Fitness because of the hydromassage beds!
My plan was to get a massage as soon as I arrived.
Then spend 10 minutes on the treadmill.
It was hard at first, but I knew my reward was getting a second massage.
That was it at the beginning, but then I figured if I tried the 30 minute circuit I could get three massages during one visit.
So I joined the class to learn how to use the equipment and now I go three days a week.
I get a massage, do the 30 minute circuit, get a massage, workout on the treadmill and get a massage again before I go home.
I also use the Beauty Angel Machine from time to time.
As for cutting down on sugar and drinking more water, when you exercise you get thirsty.
I also cut my sugar intake by switching from sweet tea to unsweetened tea.
I did this gradually.
At first I mixed it, 1/4 unsweet to 3/4 sweet, then half and half, then 1/4 sweet tea to 3/4 unsweet tea.
Now I drink unsweet tea and mostly just when I go out to eat.
On occasion I make a cup of tea here at home or buy one when I am out running errands.
However, it has been almost two years now and mostly I drink just water.
You can do this too!
Getting healthy is a choice!
Just comment below!
I highly recommend the following articles:
- Natural Stress And Anxiety Management
- Peppermint Essential Oil Migraine Remedy
- Health Benefits Of Coconut Oil
- 10 Essential Prepper Supplies For Home Remedies
- Homemade First Aid Kit eBook
Use the buttons on the right side of the screen to share this article with friends or family who might find it useful. Pin the picture below to your pinboard on Pinterest for future reference.