If you are a prepper – or just like to be prepared just in case there is a natural disaster, terrorist attack or illness, then you want to stock up on these prepper supplies for emergency home remedies.
Having skills to deal with an emergency situation is always a good thing.
Especially since you never know when it might happen.
So, the question is – are you prepared enough?
There are some things that you can do to be better prepared for any event.
For example, making sure your house is stocked with supplies.
But sometimes there is no time for that and you need to act quickly.
That’s why this article provides some home remedies that can come in handy in case of emergencies!
Home Remedies Help You Avoid Panic
People panic when they are in an emergency situation.
The first thing you need to do is to assess the situation because you know others are going to be in a panic.
Even when the emergency situation is under control, people continue to panic during the aftermath.
Both before and after the emergency situation people rush to malls and stores to buy up whatever essential items that they think they will need.
If you are well prepared, you already have bought and stored your home remedy supplies beforehand.
Keep Extra Medications On Hand
However, one item that is usually used up quickly is medication.
It is often extremely difficult to procure medication during a crisis.
Even aspirin ends up selling out.
In survival situations and times of stress, illnesses tends to rise.
More people find themselves having headaches, upset stomachs, diarrhea, etc.
This is very common and even if you have medicine supplies stored, you are sure to be amazed at how fast they are used up.
4 adults taking four aspirin tablets a day over three days is 48 tablets and that’s only over the course of three days!
So, you can imagine just how fast your prescription and non-prescription medicine stocks could be depleted.
Now imagine if the entire family is unwell, and that usually happens during a crisis.
There may be more headaches, flu, body aches, insect bites, indigestion, etc.
Natural Home Remedies For Emergency Situations
Which brings us to an important question.
What do you do if you run out of medication?
Will you panic and rush to the nearest pharmacist?
What if the pharmacy is closed or there are no more supplies?
Do not panic.
There are several natural remedies that are highly effective and have worked for ages.
Most people are unaware of these remedies because we live in a society where there is a pill for everything.
During a crisis, society tends to break down and that makes it an ideal time to forget the pills and go natural.
Essential Prepper Supplies For Home Remedies
Below you will find a list of items that all preppers need to stock up on.
These natural remedies are easy to obtain at any drugstore or grocery store.
Plus the items listed last for a long time, making them ideal for longer term storage.
Let’s look at what they are.
- Alcohol is an intermediate level disinfectant. Rub alcohol on insect bites and add a diluted mixture of alcohol and water to fungal infections to speed up healing.
- Baking Soda is used to freshen breath, relieve diaper rash, remove oil and grease, clean your kitchen countertops and much more. To treat stomach acidity and heartburn, mix some baking soda in water and drink.
- Apple Cider Vinegar mixed with water is used to treat sinuses, diarrhea and indigestion.
- Coconut Oil is a miracle product with tons of uses. Acne and skin issues can be treated by rubbing coconut oil on the affected areas. Have a sore throat? Coconut oil works as a natural lozenge. Feeling lethargic? A tablespoon of coconut oil will give you an energy boost.
Besides that, you can moisturize your skin, as a sunburn remedy, anti-fungal cream, massage oil and even as an insect repellant.
- Hydrogen Peroxide is used to treat cuts, burns and small wounds. If you have a toothache, dilute some in water and swirl it around in your mouth for a minute or two and spit it out.
- Raw Honey can be applied to accelerate healing. You can take 2 tablespoons to relieve nausea. Raw honey never spoils. It lasts for ages.
- Peppermint Essential Oil is one of the best products to have. Excellent for treating headaches, nausea, muscle pain, joint pain and much more.
- Tea Tree Essential Oil is ideal for treating skin problems, ear aches, cold sores, insect bites, head lice, etc.
- Aloe Vera Gel soothes sunburn, speeds up wound healing, prevents dandruff and much more.
- Epsom Salt is used to treat toenail fungus and relieve pain and muscle cramps.
You will be amazed at the versatility of these ten items.
Do store enough of them for your needs in case of an emergency and do test them out before you actually need to use them so you are familiar with how they work, how long they take to work and what works best for your family.
You will thank yourself for it later.
Final Thoughts On Prepper Supplies For Home Remedies
These ten home remedies mentioned and their uses is just the tip of the iceberg.
Each item on this list has many more uses than is listed here.
I encourage you do your own research to see what else they can be used for.
If you are not sure if you can talk to your doctor, or call your pharmacy and ask for their advice.
It is better to know beforehand what home remedies are safe for you use.
Some home remedies can interact with prescription medications and thus are not safe for everyone to use.
If this is the case with someone in your household who has a chronic illness or is on prescription medication, the best thing to do is stock up on what they need before an unexpected situation occurs.