Disclaimer: This article is not intended to be taken as medical advice, but rather a reference point that you can discuss with your doctor or medical care provider. All opinions are my own.
I love growing garlic in my garden so I can cook with fresh garlic.
Fresh garlic has so many health benefits and using it fresh is simply the best way to get the maximum benefits.
I also grow it around my roses to increase their scent and protect them from pests.
Health Importance Of Garlic
This natural ingredient has so many health benefits for the human body that people don’t think about.
Herbalists and naturopaths consider garlic as a miracle ingredient – and after using it to help cure my pneumonia when I was denied medical care due to no insurance, I consider it that as well.
So many studies done on garlic have continuously proven that it does help in curing a variety of health problems.
I love the way it tastes when it blends with food.
Some people even like eating it raw.
As the saying goes, garlic can keep sickness at bay because the components of garlic can fight off sickness and illness in the body – and while this does not mean eating garlic prevents the need to see a doctor, it certainly helps.
What Does Garlic Contain?
It has water-soluble nutrients like enzymes, amino acids, vitamins and natural sugar.
It also has oil soluble nutrients including sulphur compounds like alliin and allicin.
Garlic is known for its natural antibiotic properties.
Although the sulphur compounds of garlic emit a pungent smell, there is no denying its medicinal uses.
When you cook for the family, always include garlic in your dishes.
The amount you use is up to you – some people like a lot, some a little and while some people may not care for garlic at all, a pinch certainly won’t be noticeable.
The Health Benefits Of Garlic
- Garlic is an antiseptic due to its antibacterial properties. It can help cure wounds quickly.
- Garlic has antibiotic properties which helps the body fight off infections. Aside from that, garlic can help fight inflammation.
- When you have colds or coughs, just put raw garlic on your food and you will get better faster. Taking garlic supplements can help too but eating it raw is the best.
- A study in China shows that eating garlic regularly helps in preventing cancer.
- Taking fresh or cooked garlic will help lower blood pressure and prevent cardiovascular problems. You can take 500 mg garlic capsules twice a day too.
- Garlic increases high-density lipoproteins in the body.
- Garlic helps in reducing bad cholesterol in the bloodstream.
- Garlic helps keep the arteries and the heart healthy.
- Garlic helps in thinning the blood, which reduces the risk of blood clotting. It also improves blood circulation in the body.
- Garlic helps boost the immune system to fight off diseases.
- For people with respiratory problems, garlic can prevent and relieve chronic bronchitis and catarrh.
- Garlic acts as an expectorant for cough and nasal decongestants for colds.
- In the digestive system, garlic cleans the stomach and kills internal parasites. It cures flatulence and is a great internal antiseptic.
You might not have realized how healthy garlic is.
Now that you know the health benefits of garlic, I hope you start to include garlic in all the dishes you cook.
For those who are new to using garlic, I recommend starting with just a little bit in your food and working your way up.
I highly recommend the following articles:
Use the buttons in the upper right hand corner to share this article with friends or family who might find it useful. Pin the picture below to your pinboard on Pinterest for future reference.