- 1 bunch dried wheat with long stems
- 1 bunch dried long stem flowered grass
- 3 dried or silk sunflowers with long stems
- 1 long stem mum
- 1 bunch dried or plastic pumpkins-on-a-stick
- 1 bunch leaves on a stick – silk, paper or waxed
- 1 bunch of dried twigs such as curly willow
- Fairy lights
- Floral foam
- Antique milk can – lid removed
- Stuff the milk can full of crumpled newspaper, plastic bags or other filler material.
- Press floral foam in the neck area of the milk can. Cut some small pieces to make sure you get good coverage.
- Attach fairy lights to the twigs, then putting the lighted twigs into the floral foam.
- Next push the sunflower and mum stem into the floral foam. Be sure to vary the heights of the flowers.
- Push the pumpkins-on-a-stick and fall leaves into the floral foam towards the back and off to one side making sure they both stick up higher than the other plant material.
- Fill in the empty spaces with the dried grass and wheat. Use broken pieces to fill in the front of the arrangement.
- Once you are satisfied with the fullness of the arrangement the only thing left to do is enjoy it.
Note: The flowers are easy to save from year to year by simply removing them, rolling them in newspaper to keep them from breaking and storing in a plastic tote.
Be sure nothing heavy is laid on top of them and that the tote does not get crushed.
If you use your own dried botanical material I do suggest waxing the leaves to prevent breakage.
Keywords: floral flower arrangement, antique milk can ideas, fall floral arrangement, antique milk can ideas flowers, antique milk can front porches