These cute owl fall buffet table decorations were created by my friend Nanette Jett Marden.
I thought they were the cutest fall decorations, so I asked her if it was ok to share the instructions to make them with all of you and she said yes.
The size of these owls depends on the size of the first three pieces of wood you choose, so while hers are small enough to be part of the centerpiece on her fall table, it is possible to make them larger if you wish.
Here is how to create these cute owls.Print
These cute owls are perfect to use as fall buffet table decorations.
- Gather all of the materials together before you begin.
- Start by choosing a large wood slice for the body and two smaller wood slices for the eyes.
- Use the hot glue gun to glue these together. The eyes go near the top of the body. See the photo above.
- Allow the glue to dry. This does not take long with hot glue.
- Then glue the button eyes to the center of the larger wood eye sections.
- Glue a piece of a wood to the area right under the eyes to make the owls nose.
- Allow the glue to dry.
- Use the hot glue gun to glue the sticks to the bottom of the owl. Use two to three sticks to create the feet so the owls stand once the glue is dry.
- Allow the hot glue to dry and then the owls are ready to use.
*Note: You can use materials gathered from outdoors if you prefer. It is a good idea to gather the materials a couple of weeks before you intend to use them. This way you can put the materials in a freezer bag and freeze them for at least 72 hours to kill off any potential bugs that might be in the wood.
Final Thoughts About These Fall Buffet Table Decorations
Making things out of materials you can find locally is one of my favorite ways to craft, but if you don’t have a way to get the materials locally, you can order them.
This helps to kill off any potential bugs or bug eggs that are hiding.
This is also a great craft idea to make with your children or grandchildren.
Think of the fun they would have searching for materials and then making their own owls – or owls that they see you display in your home.
These also make great DIY grift ideas for friends and family!
I highly recommend the following articles:
- Easy DIY Antique Milk Can Fall Floral Flower Arrangements
- Fall Decorating Round Up Post
- Fall Floral Arrangement Ideas
- DIY Fall Flower Arrangement
- DIY Burlap Wreath Fall Arrangement
Use the buttons on the right side to share this article with friends or family who might find it useful. Pin the picture below to your pinboard on Pinterest for future reference.