These cute owls are perfect to use as fall buffet table decorations.
- Gather all of the materials together before you begin.
- Start by choosing a large wood slice for the body and two smaller wood slices for the eyes.
- Use the hot glue gun to glue these together. The eyes go near the top of the body. See the photo above.
- Allow the glue to dry. This does not take long with hot glue.
- Then glue the button eyes to the center of the larger wood eye sections.
- Glue a piece of a wood to the area right under the eyes to make the owls nose.
- Allow the glue to dry.
- Use the hot glue gun to glue the sticks to the bottom of the owl. Use two to three sticks to create the feet so the owls stand once the glue is dry.
- Allow the hot glue to dry and then the owls are ready to use.
*Note: You can use materials gathered from outdoors if you prefer. It is a good idea to gather the materials a couple of weeks before you intend to use them. This way you can put the materials in a freezer bag and freeze them for at least 72 hours to kill off any potential bugs that might be in the wood.