Disclaimer: I did receive the Craft Block by Hy-Lite for free in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are my own.
If you’re looking for a DIY bath and body Halloween gift, then this is it.
This acrylic Craft Block by Hy-Lite is a great way to create a personalized and unique present that will be loved by anyone who receives it.
The Craft Block from Hy-Lite is an ideal diy Halloween gift as it’s easy to make and only requires a few common craft supplies.
Creative Ways To Use The Craft Block For Halloween
Halloween can be stressful with all the preparations for the night’s festivities.
Halloween parties, trick-or-treating and even dressing up can leave you feeling frazzled by the end of the night.
That is why this diy bath and body Halloween gift idea is so great!
Be sure to top it off with a pretty bow.
Follow the simple steps below to create a one-of-a-kind diy bath and body gift that is sure to help the receiver relax in luxery after a busy night of festivities.
- Decorate the front of the Craft Block with the Halloween Gem Stickers.
- Remove the rubber seal from the top of the Craft Block and set the reusable rubber seal aside.
- Place the Halloween stretchy spider web in the bottom of the Craft Block.
- Put several glue dots on the top of the Craft Block, then stretch the spider web up and press it on the glue dots so it adheres.
- Position the black plastic spiders throughout the web.
- Roll the cucumber face mask up so it fits inside the open hole on top of the Craft Block and position the cucumber face mask inside the craft block.
- Place the nylon bath sponge inside the Craft Block and position it where you want it.
- Place the bottles of body lotion inside the Craft Block.
- Put the rubber seal back into place on top of the Craft Block.
- Now find the center of the body massager rope and place it on top of the center of the rubber seal.
- Use scotch tape to secure the body massager rope to the top of the Craft Block.
- Now secure the body massager rope to either side of the Craft Block with more scotch tape making sure to keep the scotch tape from showing on the front side of the Craft Block.
- In the event the body massager rope is longer than the sides of the Craft Block, gently bend the rope and bring the handles back towards the top of the Craft Block then secure them with more scotch tape.
- Place one bath bomb on either side of the rubber seal on top of the Craft Block and the body massager rope.
- Secure the bath bombs with scotch tape and replace the rubber seal.
- Add a ribbon to the top of the Craft Block securing the ends to the side of the Craft Block with scotch tape so they do not cover the front of the Craft Block and hide the Halloween Gem Stickers.
- Now your DIY Bath and Body Halloween Gift is ready to give.
About The Acrylic Craft Block From Hy-Lite
The real advantage of the acrylic Craft Block in my opinion is they are 70% lighter than traditional glass blocks making them easier to handle.
Another advantage of a lighter acrylic Craft Block is you could put heavier items inside the Craft Block if you chose to.
The Craft Blocks are made of architectural-grade acrylic.
This means they are durable and have long-lasting strength.
The Craft Block from Hy-Lite is 8″ x 8″ x 3″.
The access hole is 1 1/2″ and comes with a reusable rubber seal.
Best of all, the Craft Blocks by Hy-Lite are made with pride in the U.S.A.
I was really excited about having the opportunity to try out the Craft Block from Hy-Lite.
I had seen crafts made with the traditional glass blocks, but had never heard of acrylic blocks.
For me, the weight of a traditional glass block plus the possibility that I could drop it and damage it made crafting with one something that was not going to happen.
Now I have the opportunity to create beautiful gift baskets and works of art inside of the acrylic Craft Block, which is wonderful.
I also know that if I drop the acrylic Craft Block it is not going to shatter – and the way I know this is because I dropped it on hard wood floors twice during the assembly process.
There was no damage or scratches on the acrylic block and believe me, I inspected it!
The only drawback is the access hole is quite small so I did have a hard time finding spa products that would fit inside the Craft Block.
Looking back on this, my advice is to create your own spa products so you can package them in a small enough containers to easily fit into the opening in the top of the Craft Block.
I chose to make this particular project for Halloween, but honestly this diy bath and body gift idea works great for any occasion.
Simply change the decor to fit the occasion.
You can even add lights to the Craft Block, but make sure they are LED low temperature lights and be sure to keep the Craft Block away from heat sources or open flames.
Finally if your Craft Block gets dusty or dirty, just clean it with mild soap and water .
Chemicals, abrasive cleaners or abrasive clothes should be avoided as they can damage the Craft Block!