I love my new Cricut Maker and how easy handmade cards are to make now, even those with really intricate cuts.
My Easy Handmade Cards For Halloween Inspiration
After attending a card show and seeing all the super cute Halloween Cards on display, I came home and decided to create one of my own.
This handmade Halloween Card looks like it took a really long time to make, but in reality it took less than an hour once the design template was done.
You can get the pre-made template below in the instructions so all you have to do is load it into Cricut Design Space then cut the card and images out.
This is a step card and the design template I made does include the card and the images all pre-sized and ready for you to cut and assemble. The only thing I did not create was an envelope.
- All of the images for this project came from the Cricut Access Image Library. Sign up for Cricut Access™ and get unlimited access to images, fonts and projects.
- 2 sheets black cardstock
- 2 sheets purple cardstock
- 1 sheet white cardstock
- 1 sheet orange cardstock
- 1 sheet light orange cardstock
- 1 sheet green cardstock
- 1 envelope
- Dual Tip Glue Pen
- Crafters Tape
- Click here for the design template.
- Connect your device using Design Space to the Cricut Maker using the USB plug on the side of the Cricut Maker.
- Cut the card and images, switching out the colors of the paper as needed.
- Once all the pieces of the design are cut out, use crafter’s double sided tape to put the pieces together with the exception of the smaller pieces such as the witch trio. For those it is best to use a dual tip glue pen.
- Allow the glue to dry throughly.
- Now the card is ready to sign, place in a pre-made envelope and give it to someone.
Note: I chose to use 12 x 12 sheets of paper for this project, but if you change the paper size on the mat, you can use smaller sheets of paper.
The hardest part of this card for me was cutting out and glueing the witch trio into place.
I did end up turning the witch trio over so the smooth side was visible.
I also cut it twice because the first time the broomstick came off.
You could increase the size of the witch trio, but I wanted mine small so they hid behind the pumpkins when the card was folded up.
I truly hope you enjoy this card and make several to share with friends and family!
I highly recommend the following articles:
- Easy Handmade Birthday Cards For Moms
- How To Make A Birthday Card Using Cricut
- How To Make A Mini-Book Cricut Card
- How To Make Birthday Safari Theme Decorations
Use the buttons on the right-hand side of the screen to share this article with friends or family who might find it useful. Pin the picture below to your pinboard on Pinterest for future reference.