These cheese broomsticks are so easy to make and they are sure to be a hit at your Halloween Party – or even at snack time.
They are made with three simple ingredients – cheese, pretzels and green onion leaves.
Because, after all, Halloween party food should not only be fun, but healthy as well.
Cheese Broomsticks Recipe
Imagine pairing this cheese broomsticks recipe with the cute toilet paper witches at your next Halloween party!
This not only gives kids of all ages a chance to contribute to the Halloween party decorations, but gives you a food table theme.
Pair these with this halloween colored delicious non-alcoholic party drink and you are sure to have all the kids talking about how cool your Halloween buffet table was!
Learn how to make your own cheese broomsticks below and be sure to print off the recipe and put it in your favorite recipe box so you always know where it is.
How To Make Cheese Broomsticks
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Snacks
- Method: No Cook
- 10.6 oz (300g) cheese
- 12 pretzel sticks
- 12 green onion leaves
- Cut the cheese into squares.
- Thinly slice the squares cheese about 3/4 of the way through the cube. Do not cut all the way through the cheese square.
- Place the sliced side of the cheese towards the table.
- Insert the pretzel stick into the top of the cheese slice to create the broom.
- Pull a small piece of the green onion off and tie it around the top of the cheese square. Continue doing this until all the cheese brooms have green onion ties.
- Serve or wrap and refrigerate if you are making these ahead of time.
Keywords: halloween recipes, halloween snacks, snacks, quick easy recipes, recipe
Witches Cheese Broomsticks
If you have more time – or are the more creative type, you can always use food coloring or even food color markers to paint the cheese and give it a more realistic broom look.
Another idea is to buy longer pretzels and break the tops off to give the broomsticks a jagged look.
However, if the cheese broomsticks are for younger kids, I would not recommend broken pretzel tops.
Other delicious foods that kids are sure to love that you can add to your Halloween buffet table are mummy mini pizzas, monster sandwiches, apple monster mouths, Halloween sausage fingers and mozzarella stuffed mummy peppers.