- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Food Coloring
- Jumbo Black Olives
- Garlic Mayonnaise
- Unflavored Gelatin Glaze
- 1 box Explore Cuisine Black Bean Spaghetti – cooked, drained
- 2 T. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 T. fresh herbs, finely chopped – such as tarragon, parsley, chives
- salt, to taste
- red chili flakes, to taste
- 1 T. cooked egg yolk, grated
- Use the larger tube to cut the top of the egg in a circle for the iris. Remove the egg white plug. Paint the egg white plug with diluted food coloring to look like an iris. Let dry.
- Use the smaller tube to cut out a place for the pupil in the painted iris. Use the same tube to cut a pupil out of the black olive. Place the olive pupil into the iris.
- Cut off the bottom third of the egg so it will nestle in the spaghetti spoon. Reserve any hard-boiled egg yolks for spaghetti recipe.
- Scoop out a small amount of the egg yolk from the top of the egg to make room for mayonnaise. Squirt garlic mayonnaise into the hollow top of the hard-boiled egg, and then replace the iris plug.
- Paint food coloring bloodshot lines around the iris. Let dry.
- Finish by brushing a light coat of slightly thickened gelatin glaze over the entire eye to give an authentic glossy finish.
- In a medium bowl – combine olive oil with garlic, herbs, salt and chili flakes.
- Add spaghetti and toss.
- Sprinkle with grated egg yolk.
- Arrange spaghetti in decorative serving spoons.
- Place deviled eyes in center.