This paper wreath valentine handmade gift idea is perfect for all ages – to make and to receive!
Valentine’s Day is celebrated around the world every year on the 14th of February.
Celebrating And Decorating For Valentine’s Day
Each country has its own way of celebrating and while that may differ slightly between countries, the language of love is universal.
The gifts may be in the form of flowers, chocolates or balloons while others choose greeting cards that express their feelings.
Some people go all out and do all of the above.
Some people also choose to decorate their home with pillows, wall or window decorations or other Valentine themed decor because they want to celebrate Valentine’s Day with flair.
Decorating your home for the occasion can be expensive if you purchase all your decorations, however there are ways of doing it under the budget, such as making this Valentine handmade gift idea.
This celebratory wreath is eye caching, especially if you use colorful paper to make it.
Perefct For Beginning Crafters
This Valentine handmade gift idea is a cool activity that even someone with a beginner level of crafting ability can make as long as they take their time.
So what are you waiting for?
Gather the materials and start making this cool wreath!
- Draw a circle using a medium to large-sized object on a piece of cereal box. You should have an inner circle that is smaller and an outer circle that is bigger. The width of the wreath base should be at least 6 to 8 centimeters thick. The size of this wreath base would be based on your own preference.
- Cut the wreath base from the cereal box.
- Cut random color and size of the heart from the sponge papers (affiliate link). Create as many hearts as possible since this will cover the wreath base of this project.
- Randomly glue the hearts on the wreath base. The hearts can overlap to each other and the sizes can be placed anywhere you want just as long as the orientation of hearts are unidirectional to each other, meaning all of them should be in an upright position.
- Continuously place and glue the hearts on the wreath base until the whole body is covered with the hearts.
- Cut at least 6 to 10 centimeters long floral ribbon (affiliate link).
- Glue the ends of the floral ribbon (affiliate link) together using hot glue (affiliate link).
- Cut another floral ribbon (affiliate link) strip of at least 5 to 7 centimeters long and a small strip which is at least 1 to 1.5 centimeters long. The long strip would be used as the tail of the bow and the short strip is the binding strip of the bow in the middle.
- Pinch the center of the joint ends ribbon in the center to form a bow.
- Wrap the center of the pinched ribbon with the short strip of ribbon and insert the long strip of floral ribbon (affiliate link) on the bottom part of the bow to create a full-blown bow. Make diagonal cuts at the ends of the bow’s tail.
- Place the floral bow at the bottom part of the wreath’s body. Glue this to permanently fix it on the wreath.
- Cut at least 4 centimeters long golden metallic thread (affiliate link) and glue this at the topmost part of the wreath at the back.
- Once all the hot glue (affiliate link) is dry, the wreath is done. You can now hang your colorful heart wreath on a wall, on a door or give it as a gift.
Storing Or Gifting The Paper Wreath Valentine Handmade Gift Idea
To use this heart wreath annually, make sure to store it properly.
This is a perfect wreath for the Valentine’s Day and is sure to capture the heart of your guests or family members.
You can even make a bigger version of this using the same procedures.
Remmeber this wreath is a great gift to give to friends or family!
I highly recommend the following articles:
- Create Memorable Moments This Valentine’s Day!
- Valentine Crafts: Cute DIY Tabletop Photo Holder
- Holistic Valentine’s Day Ideas
- Valentine Crafts Salt Dough Recipe
- How To Make French Valentine Personalized Pillows
- All About Valentines Day Round Up
Use the buttons on the right side to share this article with friends or family who might find it useful. Pin the picture below to your pinboard on Pinterest for future reference.