This paper wreath valentine handmade gift idea is perfect for all ages – to make and to receive!
Valentine’s Day is celebrated around the world every year on the 14th of February.
It’s easy to make a simple paper wreath craft like this valentine valentine wreath handmade gift idea.
The only requirements are that you like the way it looks and you’re willing to put in a little effort to make it!
Celebrating And Decorating For Valentine’s Day
Each country has its own way of celebrating and while that may differ slightly between countries, the language of love is universal.
Some people plan special dates while others give special handmade gifts to their loved ones.
The gifts may be in the form of flowers, chocolates or balloons while others choose greeting cards that express their feelings.
Some people go all out and do all of the above.
Some people also choose to decorate their home with pillows, wall or window decorations or other Valentine themed decor because they want to celebrate Valentine’s Day with flair.
Decorating your home for the occasion can be expensive if you purchase all your decorations, however there are ways of doing it under the budget, such as making this Valentine handmade gift idea.
This celebratory wreath is eye caching, especially if you use colorful paper to make it.
Valentine’s Day means love and romance, but if you are single or don’t have someone valentine in your life then the holiday can get kind of lonely if you think about it.
The one redeeming thing about Valentine’s Day if you are single is that it’s also time for crafts!
Perefct For Beginning Crafters
Paper crafting valentines are great because they can be made together with other people, or by yourself.
It’s nice to make valentine gifts for other family members and friends too.
I would know since I’ve received handmade valentines cards from classmates while growing up.
What makes this paper wreath valentine handmade gift idea extra special is that it doubles as an ornament.
Plus they are ideal for a valentine’s day wedding, and they also look perfect hanging from the door as a valentine ornament.
This Valentine handmade gift idea is a cool activity that even someone with a beginner level of crafting ability can make as long as they take their time.
So what are you waiting for?
Gather the materials and start making this cool wreath!Print
Paper Wreath Valentine Handmade Gift Idea
- several pieces of sponge papers
- a cereal box
- 2 to 3-cm. in width floral ribbon
- a pencil
- a pair of scissors
- a medium to a large-sized circular object
- golden metallic thread
- hot glue
- Draw a circle using a medium to large-sized object on a piece of cereal box. You should have an inner circle that is smaller and an outer circle that is bigger. The width of the wreath base should be at least 6 to 8 centimeters thick. The size of this wreath base would be based on your own preference.
- Cut the wreath base from the cereal box.
- Cut random color and size of the heart from the sponge papers. Create as many hearts as possible since this will cover the wreath base of this project.
- Randomly glue the hearts on the wreath base. The hearts can overlap to each other and the sizes can be placed anywhere you want just as long as the orientation of hearts are unidirectional to each other, meaning all of them should be in an upright position.
- Continuously place and glue the hearts on the wreath base until the whole body is covered with the hearts.
- Cut at least 6 to 10 centimeters long floral ribbon.
- Glue the ends of the floral ribbon together using hot glue.
- Cut another floral ribbon strip of at least 5 to 7 centimeters long and a small strip which is at least 1 to 1.5 centimeters long. The long strip would be used as the tail of the bow and the short strip is the binding strip of the bow in the middle.
- Pinch the center of the joint ends ribbon in the center to form a bow.
- Wrap the center of the pinched ribbon with the short strip of ribbon and insert the long strip of floral ribbon on the bottom part of the bow to create a full-blown bow. Make diagonal cuts at the ends of the bow’s tail.
- Place the floral bow at the bottom part of the wreath’s body. Glue this to permanently fix it on the wreath.
- Cut at least 4 centimeters long golden metallic thread and glue this at the topmost part of the wreath at the back.
- Once all the hot glue is dry, the wreath is done. You can now hang your colorful heart wreath on a wall, on a door or give it as a gift.
Storing Or Gifting The Paper Wreath Valentine Handmade Gift Idea
To use this heart wreath annually, make sure to store it properly.
This is a perfect wreath for the Valentine’s Day and is sure to capture the heart of your guests or family members.
You can even make a bigger version of this using the same procedures.
Remmeber this wreath is a great gift to give to friends or family!
DIY And Valentine Crafts
Create Memorable Moments This Valentine's Day!
Special Valentine's Day gifts need to be both memorable and romantic but they don't need to break the bank. Download the free PDF full of great ideas!
Valentine Crafts Salt Dough Recipe
A fun way to decorate a Valentine's Day tree is by using this salt dough recipe to create cute valentine crafts. This diy decor idea is perfect for kids and adults alike!
Valentine Crafts: Cute DIY Tabletop Photo Holder
Cute DIY gifts such as this love bug tabletop photo holder make ideal handmade Valentine crafts for young and old alike. Perfect February crafts idea!
How To Make Custom Embroidered Towels
Check out my custom embroidered towels tutorial and make your own unique kitchen decor today! DIY decor items make great gifts too!
How To Make French Valentine Personalized Pillows
Personalized pillows make great DIY decor items and wonderful gifts. Check out my Pottery Barn inspired French Valentine pillow tutorial.
Handmade Gift Ideas For Year-Round Gift Giving
From seasonal to all occasion ideas, these handmade gift ideas are perfect for year-round gift giving, Plus they are suited to all skill levels and ages.
ExoticGardeningFarms | Etsy
Do you need printables for your craft project? Then check out my Etsy Shop where you will find an array of printables including games, cards, date night cards and so much more!
How to make Heart-Shaped Wooden Herb Markers
These DIY plant markers are a super easy crafts project for your herb garden! I'm so glad I had this idea s they make excellent little gifts for Mother's Day or when you're invited to your friends house. Click now for a simple step-by-step instructions including video tutorial