Disclaimer: The reviewer has received the product/service at a reduced price or for free. I am being compensated to participate in #Switch2Swerve challenge through the Bookieboo Influencer Network . I will switch out my regular sweetener to Swerve Sweetener from November 18, 2013 through December 20, 2013. All opinions are my own and are my honest opinions based on my own experience with the product.
Ah, simple meals – you have to love them – and homemade simple meals don’t get any easy than this Swerve, Honey and Maple Syrup Slow Cooker Pork Roast recipe.
You pick your pork roast, add ingredients from your own spice rack, then freeze everything together in one bag if you wish.
On the day you get ready to make the pork roast, pour the contents of the bag into your slow cooker, set the crock pot on low and in seven to nine hours your meat is done.
The one thing you do have to remember is to thaw your pork roast the day before you intend to cook it.
Below is the recipe as well as links to products I recommend from companies I have a referral relationship with. I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.Print
- 2 pounds pork roast
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons spun lemon honey
- 2 Tablespoons homemade Swerve brown sugar (combine 1 1/3 cup Swerve Sweetener and 1/4 cup unsulfured molasses or sorghum, mix well and store in the refrigerator)
- 1 Tablespoon cranberry flavored balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon ground mustard
- 1/2 Tablespoon black pepper, ground
- 1/2 Tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
For The Gravy –
- 2 cups broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 Tablespoon peppercorn steak sauce
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon C-Spice
- Place the thawed pork roast in either a if you intend to freeze it for later or if you are going to cook it now, put it in a crock pot.
- Add the seasonings to the top of the pork roast – pepper, garlic powder, seasoning salt, ground mustard and thyme.
- Sprinkle the Swerve brown sugar on top of the seasonings.
- Pour the cranberry balsamic vinegar over the top of the pork roast.
- Pour the maple syrup and spun honey over the top of the roast.
- At this point if you are freezing the roast, go ahead and seal your freezer (affiliate link). If you are cooking it, skip this step and go to the next step. and put it in the
- Put the lid on the crockpot and turn it to low heat.
- Cook for seven to nine hours until the internal temperature of the pork roast reaches 145 degrees F for a medium rare roast to 163 degrees F for a well done roast.
- Remove the pork roast from the crock pot and set on a serving platter. Make a foil tent (affiliate link) to cover the roast. Allow it to rest for 10 minutes while you make the gravy.
- Use a gravy separator to separate the oil from the meat drippings.
- Drain the meat drippings into a pan. Pour the oil back into the crockpot for now.
- Add the flour and whisk to combine.
- Cook over medium heat until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Add in the heavy whipping cream and whisk.
- Add in the seasonings.
- Continue to whisk until the gravy reaches the desired thickness.
- Allow the gravy to cool slightly while you carve the roast.
- Drizzle gravy over the pork roast and serve.
For recipes or more information on Swerve Sweetener, to connect with Swerve Sweetener on social media or to find out where to purchase Swerve Sweetener, visit these links:
Swerve Sweetener Website: http://www.swervesweetener.com
Remember – Swerve measures out cup for cup just like sugar, so you don’t have to worry about doing any crazy math to figure out how to use it in your recipes.
Be sure to take a moment to download your free printable recipe card. The card is is standard 3 inch by 5 inch design with blank lines that you can print onto card stock (affiliate link), write your favorite recipes on and add to your personal recipe collection.
I highly recommend the following articles:
- Beef Roast In Cast Iron Dutch Oven Crockette
- Dutch Oven Round Roast Recipe
- 1.5 Quart Cast Iron Crock Pot Pork Roast Recipe
- Essence Of Root Beer Crock Pot Roast
Use the buttons on the right hand side of the page to share this article with friends or family who might find it useful. Pin the picture below to your pinboard on Pinterest for future reference.