This C-Spice seasoning blend is delicious on beef.
Making Your Own Seasonings
I love combining unexpected ingredients and coming up with my own taste combinations.
I also love making my own seasoning blends.
I can make a much wider variety of flavors than what I could ever buy.
If I lived in a large city, that might not be the case, but here in Indiana, the selection is limited.
The ingredients in this homemade seasoning blend are darker and richer thus they add depth to meats such as beef.
I tried it on pork and chicken, but I didn’t care for the depth of flavoring it gives these lighter meats.
Below is my c-spice recipe.
There are also links to products I recommend from companies I have a referral relationship with. I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.Print
C-Spice Seasoning Blend
- 2 cardamon pods
- 2 t coriander seeds
- 2 t cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Chipotle pepper
- 1 tbsp ground coffee (plain or flavored – get creative here)
- 1 tbsp unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp seasoning salt (if you want a salt-free spice, just omit the salt from the seasoning blend you choose)
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Place the cardamon pods, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, coffee, broken cinnamon stick, whole cloves and chipotle pepper in a dry skillet. Do not use oil!
- Place the skillet over medium heat and toast the spices until they are fragrant and begin to lightly smoke. Be sure to stir the spices as you are toasting them so they do not burn.
- Add the dark cocoa powder , salt and brown sugar . Stir the ingredients together, then remove the pan from the heat.
- Allow the mixture to cool until it reaches room temperature. This took about half an hour in my kitchen.
- Place the spices in a spice blender or coffee grinder and grind until they are a powder consistency.
- Place the finished C-Spice in a tightly covered container or spice jar until you are ready to use it.
I highly recommend the following articles:
Use the buttons on the right hand side of the page to share this article with friends or family who might find it useful. Pin the picture below to your pinboard on Pinterest for future reference.