I made this pork roast recipe in a 1.5 quart cast iron crock pot also known as a crockette.
The boneless pork sirloin roast weighed in at 1.66 pounds.
I put in the the crockette while it was still frozen, cooked it on medium heat for 7 hours then lowered the heat to low and kept it cooking for another 6 hours until I ready to serve it.
The pork sirloin roast was tender, moist and full of flavor.
The crockette was the perfect size for this roast and there was enough meat to serve two people and have leftovers for lunch the next day.
Below is the recipe as well as links to products I recommend from companies I have a referral relationship with. I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.Print
- 1.66 pound boneless pork sirloin roast
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/8 cup honey
- 1 Tablespoon pineapple sage
- 1 Tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- Place the boneless pork sirloin roast in the cast iron crock pot. It is ok to put it in the pot frozen.
- Pour the chicken broth over the top of the pork roast.
- Drizzle the honey on top of the pork roast.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Sprinkle the spices on top of the pork roast making sure to place the rosemary directly on top of the piece of meat.
- Put the lid on the crock pot and turn it to medium.
- Cook for 7 hours.
- Lower the heat to low and cook for 6 more hours.
- Spoon the juice in the bottom of the pan over the pork roast after it is sliced.
- Serve immediately.
What is really cool about the Hamilton Beach 1.5 quart cast iron crock pot – also known as a crockette – is that the enamel coasted cast iron dutch oven comes off and is useable in the oven or on the stovetop plus it comes with a warmer plate that you can put a candle in to keep food warm on a buffet or even on your dining room table!
Be sure to take a moment to download your free printable recipe card. The card is is standard 3 inch by 5 inch design with blank lines that you can print onto card stock, write your favorite recipes on and add to your personal recipe collection.
I highly recommend the following articles:
- Beef Roast In Cast Iron Dutch Oven Crockette
- Dutch Oven Round Roast Recipe
- My Easy One Pot Cast Iron Pot Roast Recipe
- Essence Of Root Beer Crock Pot Roast
Use the buttons on the right hand side of the page to share this article with friends or family who might find it useful. Pin the picture below to your pinboard on Pinterest for future reference.