- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add sesame seeds and chopped basil leaves to melted butter, stir.
- Add fresh peas to butter mixture and lightly sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add canned peas and salt or pepper as desired.
- Stir well and heat until peas are hot.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and lightly sprinkle cheese on top if desired.
You can cook the sugar snap or snow peas longer if you prefer them to be less crisp.
Be sure not to add the canned or frozen peas to the skillet until you are almost ready to finish the dish or they will turn to mush.
- Category: Vegetables
- Method: Stovetop
Keywords: vegetable recipes, quick easy recipes, recipe, snow pea recipe, sugar snap pea recipe