This pumpkin-shaped Rice Krispies Halloween recipe is fun to make and delicious to eat!
When it comes to easy Halloween recipes for kids that they can help make, these are simply a must.
It is recommended that a parent help with melting the butter, melting the marshmallows, cutting the tips off the icing pens as well as making sure the kid’s hands are clean however the mixing, shaping and decorating are all things kids can do with very little supervision.
Here is the recipe.
There are links below to products I recommend from companies I have an affiliate relationship with. I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my link.
For those who do not want to buy the ingredients separately, there is a Kellogg’s Rice Krispies Treats Pumpkin Kit which is what I used to make my first batch of pumpkins.Print
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 10 ounce package miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal
- Orange food coloring
- Melt the butter over low heat in a stainless steel saucepan.
- Add the marshmallows and orange food coloring to the melted butter, making sure to stir the mixture constantly so it does not stick to the pan.
- Once the marshmallows are melted, remove the pan from the heat source.
- Quickly stir in the Rice Krispies making sure they are well coated with the marshmallow mixture.
- Coat your hands with butter or cooking spray, alternatively, you can use food safe non-stick gloves.
- Grease the plastic pumpkin shaped candy molds with melted butter.
- Press the Rice Krispies mixture into a plastic pumpkin shaped candy mold.
- Turn the mold over to unmold the pumpkin, then continue the process of pressing the Rice Krispies into the mold and unmolding it until all the Rice Krispies are used up.
- Use icing pens to draw faces on the Rice Krispies shaped pumpkins.
- Eat immediately or within 24 hours for the best taste.
I highly recommend the following articles:
- Halloween Party Drinks To Make At Home
- Garlicky Black Bean Spaghetti Spoons With Deviled Eyes
- Spooky Spaghetti Halloween Recipe
- Halloween Recipes And Ideas Round Up Post
Use the buttons on the right side to share this article with friends or family who might find it useful. Pin the picture below to your pinboard on Pinterest for future reference.