This homemade donuts recipe is really easy to make and pairs a salted caramel flavored batter with a caramel glaze sure to delight anyone who loves the taste of caramel!
This Caramel Donuts Recipe Is Not Sugary Sweet
What I especially loved about this caramel donuts recipe is that even with the caramel glaze, the donuts were not sugary sweet, unlike the ones you buy.
Not to mention the donuts are not real large, so portion control is easy.
I split the recipe in half to make six donuts which was enough to fill one donut pan and plenty for the two of us.
I used one packet of glaze for the six donuts and had some of the Caramel Drizzle Topping left over.
My husband added what was left in the pouch to his donuts because he wanted his a little sweeter.
Here is my homemade caramel donuts recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in a mixing bowl.
- Make a hole in the center of the dry ingredients and add the flavoring, milk, eggs and melted butter.
- Turn the mixer to stir to combine the ingredients.
- Once the ingredients are combined, turn the mixer up to medium and continue mixing the ingredients until the batter is smooth. This takes 3 to 5 minutes.
- Lightly grease the donut pan using the vegetable oil.
- Fill each donut cavity 2/3 full of batter.
- Shake and bounce the donut pan on a cabinet top a couple of times to release the air bubbles and level the batter.
- Bake the donuts for 7 to 9 minutes. The donuts are done when the tops bounce back when touched. The top of the donuts, which is the side you see when they are in the pan, does not brown.
- Remove the pan from the oven and sit it on a wire cooling rack.
- Allow the donuts to cool for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the wire rack.
- Place the wire rack on top of the pan and flip the whole thing over. The donuts will fall out of the pan onto the wire rack.
- Drizzle the caramel topping over the donuts making it as thin or thick as you wish.
- Serve immediately.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
Keywords: donuts recipe, donuts recipe easy, donuts recipe baked, donuts baked recipe glazed, donuts baked recipe easy, caramel glazed donuts, homemade donuts recipe, salted caramel donuts
Final Thoughts About This Caramel Donuts Recipe
The flavor of the glaze was definitely stronger than the donut flavoring, however when they were baking the salted caramel scent was quite obvious.
If you prefer a stronger flavored donut, feel free to add a little extra flavoring, but don’t get carried away and make the donut batter too runny.
Also, my husband felt the donuts were heavier than store bought donuts.
They are denser, but they were good and I really felt that was the difference between homemade and store bought.
I hope you give this recipe a try and that you like it as much as we did.
Easy To Make Breakfast Matcha Donuts Recipe
This easy to make breakfast Match donuts recipe is perfect for an elegant brunch as well. Simply start with premade donuts, make the icing and decorate!
Easy Homemade Caramel Glazed Donuts Recipe
This easy homemade caramel glazed donuts recipe is perfect for making at home. Simply mix the batter up and bake the donuts in the oven.
Homemade Keto Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
This homemade cinnamon rolls recipe is delicious, easy to make and keto friendly. It satisfies the craving for something sweet while still being low carb.
Quick And Easy Cast Iron Skillet Cinnamon Roll Recipe
This quick and easy cast iron skillet cinnamon roll recipe starts with Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls. Then you customize them however you like.
Easy To Make, Tasty Pumpkin Pecan Muffin Breakfast Menu Idea
This tasty pumpkin pecan muffin recipe is easy to make and a wonderful breakfast menu idea! Make it for brunch or your Sunday breakfast menu!
How To Make Homemade Breakfast Tartlets
These homemade breakfast tartlets are quick and easy to make! They are a wonderful breakfast menu idea for kids and adults alike!
Healthy Easy Breakfast On The Go
Check out these healthy easy breakfast on the go ideas. There are many breakfast menu options that taste great and are an easy on the go breakfast.
Tasty Breakfast Recipe For Brownie Batter Overnight Protein Oats
Quick, easy recipes for breakfast menu ideas are always popular, especially in today's fast paced world. This tasty breakfast idea for brownie batter overnight protein oats is delicious and if you are in a big hurry, but forgot to prepare this the night before, it can be ready to eat in just 30 minutes!
Use the buttons on the right hand side of the screen to share this article with friends or family who might find it useful. Pin the picture below to your pinboard on Pinterest for future reference.