This homemade donuts recipe is really easy to make and pairs a salted caramel flavored batter with a caramel glaze sure to delight anyone who loves the taste of caramel!
This Caramel Donuts Recipe Is Not Sugary Sweet
What I especially loved about this caramel donuts recipe is that even with the caramel glaze, the donuts were not sugary sweet, unlike the ones you buy.
Not to mention the donuts are not real large, so portion control is easy.
I split the recipe in half to make six donuts which was enough to fill one donut pan and plenty for the two of us.
I used one packet of glaze for the six donuts and had some of the Caramel Drizzle Topping left over.
My husband added what was left in the pouch to his donuts because he wanted his a little sweeter.
Here is my homemade caramel donuts recipe.
Easy Homemade Caramel Glazed Donuts Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 9 minutes
- Total Time: 19 minutes
- Yield: 12 donuts 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the flour , sugar, salt and baking powder in a mixing bowl.
- Make a hole in the center of the dry ingredients and add the flavoring, milk, eggs and melted butter.
- Turn the mixer to stir to combine the ingredients.
- Once the ingredients are combined, turn the mixer up to medium and continue mixing the ingredients until the batter is smooth. This takes 3 to 5 minutes.
- Lightly grease the donut pan using the vegetable oil.
- Fill each donut cavity 2/3 full of batter.
- Shake and bounce the donut pan on a cabinet top a couple of times to release the air bubbles and level the batter.
- Bake the donuts for 7 to 9 minutes. The donuts are done when the tops bounce back when touched. The top of the donuts, which is the side you see when they are in the pan, does not brown.
- Remove the pan from the oven and sit it on a wire cooling rack .
- Allow the donuts to cool for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the wire rack .
- Place the wire rack on top of the pan and flip the whole thing over. The donuts will fall out of the pan onto the wire rack.
- Drizzle the caramel topping over the donuts making it as thin or thick as you wish.
- Serve immediately.
Keywords: donuts recipe, donuts recipe easy, donuts recipe baked, donuts baked recipe glazed, donuts baked recipe easy, caramel glazed donuts, homemade donuts recipe, salted caramel donuts
Final Thoughts About This Caramel Donuts Recipe
The flavor of the glaze was definitely stronger than the donut flavoring, however when they were baking the salted caramel scent was quite obvious.
If you prefer a stronger flavored donut, feel free to add a little extra flavoring, but don’t get carried away and make the donut batter too runny.
Also, my husband felt the donuts were heavier than store bought donuts.
They are denser, but they were good and I really felt that was the difference between homemade and store bought.
I hope you give this recipe a try and that you like it as much as we did.
Use the buttons on the right hand side of the screen to share this article with friends or family who might find it useful. Pin the picture below to your pinboard on Pinterest for future reference.