- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the flour , sugar, salt and baking powder in a mixing bowl.
- Make a hole in the center of the dry ingredients and add the flavoring, milk, eggs and melted butter.
- Turn the mixer to stir to combine the ingredients.
- Once the ingredients are combined, turn the mixer up to medium and continue mixing the ingredients until the batter is smooth. This takes 3 to 5 minutes.
- Lightly grease the donut pan using the vegetable oil.
- Fill each donut cavity 2/3 full of batter.
- Shake and bounce the donut pan on a cabinet top a couple of times to release the air bubbles and level the batter.
- Bake the donuts for 7 to 9 minutes. The donuts are done when the tops bounce back when touched. The top of the donuts, which is the side you see when they are in the pan, does not brown.
- Remove the pan from the oven and sit it on a wire cooling rack .
- Allow the donuts to cool for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the wire rack .
- Place the wire rack on top of the pan and flip the whole thing over. The donuts will fall out of the pan onto the wire rack.
- Drizzle the caramel topping over the donuts making it as thin or thick as you wish.
- Serve immediately.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
Keywords: donuts recipe, donuts recipe easy, donuts recipe baked, donuts baked recipe glazed, donuts baked recipe easy, caramel glazed donuts, homemade donuts recipe, salted caramel donuts