Disclaimer: I did not receive any compensation for this post, nor did I receive free product. I chose to share this recipe because I truly believed my readers would enjoy trying it. There are links below to products I recommend from companies I have a referral relationship with. I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
When this easy to make breakfast idea from Terra’s Kitchen was sent to my inbox, I immediately asked to share it and was told yes.
The edible flowers and the gorgeous glaze on the donuts caught my attention right away.
Just Decorate And Serve!
The recipe is really easy to make as well – since you use store bought donuts and just decorate them.
For safety, be sure to use only edible, organic flowers to decorate the donuts with!Print
A special thanks goes out to Terra’s Kitchen for sharing this recipe.
- 12 store bought plain cake donuts
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Matcha powder
- Edible petals/flowers (violas, lilac, blueberry, carnation, nasturtium, marigold, bachelor button, chive)*
- White sugar pearls
- Chocolate dipped pretzels
- Edible Gold (if you want to be super fancy)
Make the glaze:
- Add the confectioners’ sugar to a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add the milk and the vanilla extract, then whisk until the mixture is smooth.
- Divide the glaze you just made between 3 bowls.
- Leave 1/3 of the glaze white.
- Mix in a small amount of the Matcha powder to the second bowl to make a pale green glaze.
- Mix in a slightly larger amount of the Matcha powder to the third bowl to make a darker green glaze.
- Cover all three glazes with plastic wrap. Be sure to push the plastic wrap against the glaze to keep it from crusting over.
Dip and decorate the donuts:
- Working with one color of glaze at a time, dip 4 of the donuts into the glaze and rest on a drying rack.
- Working while the glaze is still wet, decorate each donut with the edible flowers*, sprinkles, chocolate dipped pretzels and edible gold.
- Repeat the process with the remaining two colors of glaze.
- Allow the donuts to dry just long enough for the glaze to harden and serve!
* Note: Go sparingly on the edible flowers…a little flower petal goes a long way! Also be sure to use only organic edible flowers!
Be sure to sign up to get your FREE recipe card that is a perfect fit for a 3″ x 5″ recipe box.
In addition to getting the custom recipe card, you will also be signed up for our newsletter so you will always be up to date on new posts and get great recipes right in your inbox!
The card is is standard 3 inch by 5 inch design with blank lines that you can print onto card stock, write your favorite recipes on and add to your personal recipe collection.
I highly recommend the following articles:
- Easy To Make, Tasty Pumpkin Pecan Muffin Breakfast Menu Idea
- How To Make Homemade Breakfast Tartlets
- Healthy Easy Breakfast On The Go
Use the buttons on the right hand side of the screen to share this article with friends or family who might find it useful. Pin the picture below to your pinboard on Pinterest for future reference.