If you are looking for brunch cake ideas, start with this delicious chocolate loaf cake!
Loaf cakes are the perfect option for when you want something sweet, but don’t want to bake an entire cake or spend time decorating one.
Topping Off Brunch Cakes
Chocolate loaf cake is delicious all on its own.
However it pairs well with so many foods from fruit to ice cream, why not indulge a little?
Instead of slicing the loaf cake into large pieces, choose smaller slices, put them on a plate, then top the cake loaf slice with strawberries, blueberries, cherries or even raspberries.
A scoop of ice cream with a little caramel sauce is sure to be the perfect brunch dessert.
Another option is to use regular icing on the loaf cake.
I chose to pair one of my chocolate loaf cakes with Pillsbury Cinnamon Bun icing and leave the other one plain.
Below is the recipe as well as links to products I recommend from companies I have a referral relationship with. I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.Print
Chocolate Loaf Brunch Cake Ideas
- Cook Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt the dark chocolate chips in the microwave. To do this microwave them on high for 30 seconds, stir and microwave for another 30 seconds. Stir until melted.
- Put the butter, vanilla and nutmeg into a mixing bowl and cream.
- Add the sugar and beat until it is well mixed.
- Add the eggs, one at a time and beat until they are mixed into the batter.
- Add the baking powder and the salt to the flour. Sift to combine.
- Add 1/2 of the flour mixture to the mixer bowl and beat on medium speed.
- Add 1/2 of the orange juice to the mixer and beat.
- Add the rest of the flour mixture, then the rest of the orange juice making sure to mix the ingredients together before adding the next one.
- Pour the batter into a 10 by 5 by 3 inch greased loaf pan.
- Bake for one hour and 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Feel free to icing this loaf cake or top it with ice cream, caramel, or even fresh fruit. Strawberries, cherries, blueberries and raspberries go well with dark chocolate.
I highly recommend the following articles:
- Try This Lemon Mousse For An Elegant Brunch Dessert
- Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake With A Twist
- Angel Food Cake Recipe With Poppyseed And Lemon Zest
- Scented Geranium Strawberry Cake Recipe
Use the buttons on the right hand side of the screen to share this article with friends or family who might find it useful. Pin the picture below to your pinboard on Pinterest for future reference.