This pineapple upside down cake recipe is a delicious alternative to regular pineapple upside down cake.
Simply add maraschino cherries, pecans and even shredded coconut if you wish for a real tropical taste treat.
I’m always looking for different cakes to make that have quick easy recipes.
This one starts with a box cake mix.
It doesn’t get much easier than that.
My family really enjoys this recipe and I am sure your family will too.
Give it a try tonight!
Below is the recipe as well as links to products I recommend from companies I have a referral relationship with. I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake With A Twist
- 1 Pineapple Supreme Cake Mix
- 1 1/3 cup pineapple juice or water
- 3 large brown eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 20 ounce can pineapple slices
- Maraschino cherries
- 5 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup maple sugar
- Combine the maple sugar and the butter in a saucepan. Place the pan on the stove. Turn the dial to medium. Stir continually until the butter and sugar melts. There may be a few small lumps left at this point, but that is ok, just make sure there are no large lumps. Whisk the mixture so it is well combined.
- Pour the maple sugar and butter mixture into the bottom of a well greased cake pan.
- Drain the pineapple juice off and set it aside. Place pineapple slices on top of the maple sugar and butter mixture. Place maraschino cherries in the pineapple holes. Place pecans in the open areas between the pineapple slices.
- Set the pan aside while the cake batter is being prepared.
- To prepare the cake batter, combine the pineapple supreme cake mix with the 3 eggs, 1/3 cup of oil and 1 1/3 cup pineapple juice. If there is not enough pineapple juice, add enough water to make 1 1/3 cup of liquid.
- Stir by hand or with a mixture until the cake batter is smooth. Then pour the cake batter into the pan on top of the fruit and nuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 28 to 30 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Be sure to read the baking instructions on the back of the cake mix box and to adjust for pan size and altitude.
Tip: For a real taste of the tropics, sprinkle some shredded coconut around the pineapple slices before adding the cake batter.
The card is is standard 3 inch by 5 inch design with blank lines that you can print onto card stock , write your favorite recipes on and add to your personal recipe collection.
I highly recommend the following articles:
- Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
- Scented Geranium Strawberry Cake Recipe
- Angel Food Cake Recipe With Poppyseed And Lemon Zest
- Easter Basket Cupcakes
Use the buttons on the right hand side of the screen to share this article with friends or family who might find it useful. Pin the picture below to your pinboard on Pinterest for future reference.