This scented geranium strawberry cake recipe is a slightly heavier, sweet cake that makes a perfect accompaniment to an afternoon tea party.
There is no need to alter the amount of flour used regardless of the type you choose to use.
Below is the recipe as well as links to products I recommend from companies I have a referral relationship with. I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.Print
Scented Geranium Strawberry Cake Recipe
This is a very rich, heavy cake that is a perfect accompaniment to afternoon tea.
- 3 cups confectioner sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup + 3 Tablespoons strawberries pureed
- 2 eggs + 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon + 1 drop bourbon vanilla paste
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 19 Lemon Rose Scented Geranium Leaves
- Extra strawberries to decorate the cake with
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Butter the pans and lay 12 of the scented geranium leaves in the bottom of the pan.
- Use a mixer to whip the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Add the sugar and mix to combine.
- Add the eggs – one at a time – and mix well.
- Add the flour and baking powder to the egg cream mixture.
- Mix until combined.
- Add one cup of strawberries and 1 teaspoon of the bourbon vanilla paste.
- Continue mixing until the strawberries are evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Carefully spoon the cake batter on top of the scented geranium leaves.
- Fill the cake pans with the remaining batter. Do not overfill the cake pans. The batter should be about halfway up the side of the cake pans.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool completely.
- Place the confectioner’s sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Crush and break apart four of the scented geranium leaves. Place them on top of the confectioners sugar.
- Beat the egg white until it is frothy, then add it to the confectioners sugar.
- Add the lemon juice, vanilla paste and the three tablespoons of strawberries to the mixing bowl.
- Whip the icing until it is smooth. It is going to be runny.
- Pour the icing over the first layer of the cake.
- Slice strawberries as thinly as possible and lay on top of the icing.
- Place the second layer of cake on top of the strawberries and pour icing over it.
- Decorate the cake with the three remaining scented geranium leaves and some strawberry slices.
I highly recommend the following articles:
- Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake With A Twist
- Angel Food Cake Recipe With Poppyseed And Lemon Zest
- Chocolate Loaf Brunch Cake Ideas
Use the buttons on the right hand side of the screen to share this article with friends or family who might find it useful. Pin the picture below to your pinboard on Pinterest for future reference.