- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt the dark chocolate chips in the microwave. To do this microwave them on high for 30 seconds, stir and microwave for another 30 seconds. Stir until melted.
- Put the butter, vanilla and nutmeg into a mixing bowl and cream.
- Add the sugar and beat until it is well mixed.
- Add the eggs, one at a time and beat until they are mixed into the batter.
- Add the baking powder and the salt to the flour . Sift to combine.
- Add 1/2 of the flour mixture to the mixer bowl and beat on medium speed.
- Add 1/2 of the orange juice to the mixer and beat.
- Add the rest of the flour mixture, then the rest of the orange juice making sure to mix the ingredients together before adding the next one.
- Pour the batter into a 10 by 5 by 3 inch greased loaf pan.
- Bake for one hour and 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Feel free to icing this loaf cake or top it with ice cream, caramel, or even fresh fruit. Strawberries, cherries, blueberries and raspberries go well with dark chocolate .