Coming up with this five spice cherry homemade recipe for ice cream was no easy task!
Sometimes You Need Some Inspiration!
The inspiration came from the Five Spice Cherry Canning Recipe I created.
Sometimes you simply do not have enough of a recipe left to fill a canning jar and thus you must find another use for the excess.
This is how is recipe for homemade ice cream came about.
Here is my recipe.
There are also links to products I recommend from companies I have a referral relationship with. I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.Print
- 2 cups cream (I use cream from my goat’s, but heavy whipping cream – or cream from another milking animal works just as well)
- 2 cups milk (I use goat milk from my own goats, but you can use whatever type of milk you prefer)
- 2 cups five spice cherries
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pour the milk and five spice cherries into a blender. Blend well. You want the blender to chop up the cherries but not liquify them. There should be small pieces of cherries still visible when you are done.
- Put the sugar, vanilla extract and cream into the frozen ice cream maker (if you have an electric one, if not follow the directions on your specific brand). Add the milk and cherry mixture from the blender.
- Follow the instructions on the ice cream maker you have. Mine – which is electric – takes 45 minutes to make ice cream.
- I remove the finished ice cream from my ice cream maker when it is done, put it in a bowl and cover it before putting it in the freezer.
Be sure to take a moment to download your free printable recipe card. The card is is standard 3 inch by 5 inch design with blank lines that you can print onto card stock, write your favorite recipes on and add to your personal recipe collection.
I highly recommend the following articles:
- Homemade Gelato Ice Cream Recipe
- Cinnamon Chocolate Ice Cream
- Five Spice Cherry Canning Recipe
- Maple Vanilla Bourbon Cherry Pie From Scratch
- How To Make An Ice Cream Sandwich
Use the buttons on the right hand side of the screen to share this article with friends or family who might find it useful. Pin the picture below to your pinboard on Pinterest for future reference.