When it comes down to figuring out which cupcakes to make for Christmas, cute always wins out in our house.
These Are Fast And Easy Cupcakes To Make
These Reindeer Cupcakes are not only cute, but they are fast and easy to make.
Best of all, for those short on time, all of the ingredients are easy to buy already made.
For those who prefer to bake their own cupcakes and cake balls, that is an option.
Here is how to make these cute and delicious cupcakes!Print
- Make the cupcakes and cake balls following the directions on the cake mix package – or use ones you bought. Just make sure they do not have icing on them.
- Cut the pretzels in half (this takes practice) and press the one pretzel half into top of each cake ball to make the antlers. One per side.
- Squeeze the cookie icing on the top of each cake ball letting it run down the sides. It is best to do this after positioning the pretzels so the holes the pretzels make are sealed with the icing.
- Make sure the icing covers the cake ball. Use a knife to spread it over areas that the icing misses as it runs down the sides of the cake balls if necessary.
- Allow the cookie icing to dry slightly. You do not want it completely dry, but the drier the icing is, the faster the next step will go.
- Press the reindeer’s eyes and nose into the icing on the cake balls. Keep an eye on them because if the icing is not hard enough they will slide. An alternative to this is to let the icing dry completely then use a small dot of fresh icing, or edible adhesive, to adhere the eyes and nose to the cake ball.
- Cut the tops off the cooled cupcakes so the top of the cupcake is flat.
- Spread a thin layer of icing on top of the cupcake. You may still see some cake below the icing at this point.
- Squeeze some of the cookie icing in a puddle in the center of the top of the cupcake.
- Slide a flat cake spatula under each cake ball and lift it onto the top of the cupcake.
- Repeat steps 9 and 10 until all the cake ball reindeers are on top of a cupcake. Once this is done, it is time to decorate the cupcakes.
- Use a rolling pin to slightly flatten the spice drops . If you roll them too thin, they will stick to the rolling pin or the surface you are rolling them on.
- Cut some of the spice drops in half and then in half again to make a bow. Each spice drop makes two bows.
- Position the triangle shapes together to create a bow and press on the center of each bow to attach the gum drop pieces to one another.
- Then use some cookie icing, or edible adhesive, to attach one Sno-Caps candy to the center of the bow.
- Place a dot of the cookie frosting, or edible adhesive, on the top of the reindeers head in front of an antler, then position the back of the bow in the icing or edible adhesive.
- Once all the bows are attached, add more frosting to the top of the cupcake to finish it off.
- Roll out a few more spice drops and slightly flatten them.
- Then cut the spice drops into thirds.
- Carefully twist the flattened pieces to give them some shape, then position them in the area between the cake ball and the cupcake to create a collar. The icing will hold the collar into place as long as it has not already dried.
- Set the reindeer cupcakes aside and let the icing harden.
- Serve when you are ready.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: No Bake
Keywords: cupcakes to make, reindeer cupcakes, Christmas cupcakes, decorated cupcakes, decorated cupcakes ideas, decorated cupcakes easy, decorated cupcakes for kids
Final Thoughts About These Reindeer Cupcakes To Make For Christmas
These are great cupcakes to make with younger kids because they will have a lot of fun decorating them.
They are also great to make and take for carry in holiday dinners at work, at church or anywhere for that matter.
They were a real hit when my husband took them to his co-workers.
These cupcakes do not take a lot of time to assemble, however you do want to make sure the icing is dry before moving them.
I highly suggest leaving them sit overnight.
I hope you enjoy this idea for cupcakes to make for your holiday get togethers.
I highly recommend the following articles:
- M & M Cookie Recipe Made Two Different Ways
- White Mint Cake Recipe
- Christmas Recipes And DIY Ideas
- Nutter Butter Snowman Cookie Tutorial
- Angel Food Cake Recipe With Poppyseed And Lemon Zest
Use the buttons on the right hand side of the screen to share this article with friends or family who might find it useful. Pin the picture below to your pinboard on Pinterest for future reference.