Disclaimer: The reviewer has received the product/service at a reduced price or for free. I am being compensated to participate in #Switch2Swerve challenge through the Bookieboo Influencer Network . I did switch out my regular sweetener for the Swerve Sweetener from November 18, 2013 through December 20, 2013. All opinions are my own and are my honest opinions based on my own experience with the product.
Your family is sure to love this easy homemade Swerve dinner rolls recipe.
Homemade Swerve Dinner Rolls Recipe Is Delicious And Versatile
Homemade dinner rolls are really easy to make and they taste so much better than anything you can buy.
You can dress them up by adding seeds such as amaranth, flax seed or poppy seeds to the tops of the rolls or leave them plain.
Either way, everyone is sure to love them.
Make The Homemade Swerve Dinner Rolls Recipe Using A Bread Maker
If you have a bread machine you can speed up the process.
I use a bread machine to knead my dough because of the arthritis in my hand.
If you don’t have one, simply knead the dough by hand for 10 minutes.
I do not double rise my dough and I do remove it from the bread machine as soon as it stops which is about a half an hour into the dough making process.
I then shape my rolls by hand, let them rise and bake them in the oven.
Here is the recipe.Print
Easy Homemade Swerve Dinner Rolls Recipe
- Prep Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 rolls 1x
- Category: Breads
- Method: Oven
- Add the ingredients, in the order listed to the bread machine pan or bowl if you are making the rolls by hand. If you are making them by hand, add a little of the flour at a time and stir or mix to combine it. Otherwise it will be hard to mix the ingredients together.
- Select the dough cycle on the bread machine.
- When the bread machine stops the first time, about half an hour into the process, shut the machine off and remove the dough. If you are making the dough by hand, use a mixer or spoon to combine the ingredients.
- Keep your hands lightly floured as you work with the dough so it does not stick to your hands. Roll the dough into small balls. I get 12 to 15 rolls from this recipe.
- Place each ball on a lightly greased cookie sheet. I like using the insulated cookie sheets because the bottom of the biscuits turn out much nicer.
- Once all the dough is made into balls and put on the cookie sheet, cover the dough balls with paper towels.
- Sit the cookie sheet in a warm place for about an hour or until the dough balls have doubled in size. My house is cold in the winter, so I sit the pan on top of a warm stove top or on a heating mat that I keep just for this use. I use the heating mat on medium heat.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in a 375 degree F oven.
- The tops of the dinner rolls turn a nice brown when they are done.
- Remove them from the oven once they are done.
- Brush the tops of the dinner rolls with melted butter.
- Serve warm.
Note: Frozen eggs do take several days to thaw in the refrigerator!
Time Saving Tip: One thing that I have done in the past is combine all the dry ingredients minus the yeast and put them into a plastic freezer bag. I then label this bag and freeze it. When I get ready to bake dinner rolls, I remove the bag from the freezer, bring it to room temperature, put the water, egg and butter in the bread machine, dump the flour mixture on top and add the yeast . It does save some time and you know you already have everything you need to make a batch of homemade dinner rolls. You can also freeze fresh eggs, put them in a smaller baggie and place that baggie right in with the dry ingredients.
Keywords: homemade swerve dinner roll recipe, dinner rolls, dinner roll recipe, dinner rolls easy, dinner rolls recipe homemade, swerve recipes, swerve sweetener
Remember – Swerve measures out cup for cup just like sugar, so you don’t have to worry about doing any crazy math to figure out how to use it in your recipes.
I highly recommend the following articles:
- Mockmill Flour Grinding Mill Makes It Easy To Grind Your Own Grain
- Artisan Bread Making Tips For The Beginner
- Coconut, Cinnamon And Rose Swerve Cookie Recipe
- Apple Pie For Diabetics
Use the buttons on the right hand side of the page to share this article with friends or family who might find it useful. Pin the picture below to your pinboard on Pinterest for future reference.